Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » New poster w/question about TC scope prices
New poster w/question about TC scope prices [message #9030] Sun, 19 February 2012 17:36 Go to next message
Mr Redneck is currently offline  Mr Redneck
Forum Newbie
Hello fella gun nuts, I have an old TC Lobo 1-1/2x scope and a TC Electra Dot 3x 20 (silver) that I was wanting to sell. I have no idea if they have any collector value. I have shot Contenders and Encores for years but never had any of there scopes before. Any help will be appreciated.
Re: New poster w/question about TC scope prices [message #9041 is a reply to message #9030] Sun, 19 February 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I did some quick Google searching as I don't really have experience with either.

I found one person who claims he purchased a TC Lobo for $5 here: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=223890.0
One comment stated that "Mine worked fine on .22LR barrels, but I once had one fail on a .22 Magnum." They didn't really recommend it for much else larger.

On the TC Electra Dot, I found some comments on a 2.5 x 20 here: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=58571.0 The price he was quoted by TC seemed to be a bit outrageous on such a scope, but you just never know who you might talk to. That post was back in 2005. In the end, he explains that he got it along with a "G1 frame with decent mounts and a mint 12" TCA 45/70 GOVT with factory brake." for $399. So... I'd say he pretty much got the scope for free on that deal.

"Collectable" can be a relative term. As I've responded to some others here who have asked similar questions - If you find the right person, who is an adamant "Anything T/C Arms" collector, you might be able to get a good bit for them. But you have to find that person (if they exist). Others who may have researched the price of these items on Google as I just did may not want to give you more than a couple of dollars each for them.

If you do decide to sell, I hope you find a buyer. If they were mine, I'd either put them on a display shelf or sell them to someone who values such things. There are much finer optics out there, so you will most likely be selling the nostalgic nature of the item to a collector.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: New poster w/question about TC scope prices [message #9043 is a reply to message #9041] Sun, 19 February 2012 21:42 Go to previous message
Mr Redneck is currently offline  Mr Redneck
Forum Newbie
Thanks Glenn, I didn't think they were worth much, but I have been wrong more than once, thank you for your help and advice. I think I'll put them away and maybe some day someone will collect them.
Thanks,
Dale
Previous Topic: Encore Pics?
Next Topic: Need advice on a T/C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 00:18:04 EDT 2024