Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore
Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3190] Sun, 30 January 2011 13:25 Go to next message
stick68 is currently offline  stick68
Forum Newbie
I purchased a new Encore Pro Hunter 223 with heavy barrel in November,had a 4 X 12 X 40 Bushnell 3200 Scope installed and a trigger job by E. A Brown.

I was finally able to make it to the range yesterday for the first time, it was a joy to shoot, but if I could give a little background without boring you to much.

40 Years ago I shot Bullseye Pistol, I certainly wasn't the best but I managed to move up in classifications and win a few awards. Work took more and more time so I eventually sold my guns as well as all my reloading equipment. I recently retired and decided to try shooting again, with eye sight thats not as good as it once was I thought I might try a rifle. I was interested in the Encore because of the ability to switch barrels.

It was humbling to realize at the range that no matter how nice your equipment is that if you haven't shot a weapon in 22 years YOU SUCK as a shooter, this is going to be a long voyage.

Vic
Re: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3195 is a reply to message #3190] Sun, 30 January 2011 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MasonH is currently offline  MasonH
Novice Contributor
but how did the gun shoot? personally i just got into the encore. i've been a hunter all my life, but just recently got into "shooting". all of my shooting is hunting based practice but it's still fun. i havn't gotten to go sight in or try new loads for my 7mm-08 and .223 barrel yet. i've got the scopes, waiting for the DNZ scope mounts now, then i'm off to the range with 2 barrels and a couple boxes of loads.
Re: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3198 is a reply to message #3195] Mon, 31 January 2011 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
It shot like a dream, my problem was trying to develop a style that would let me put two shots in the same place. I had back surgery six months ago and the doctor hasn't released me to do any exercise, at 68 years young I have no strength and I shake like a leaf.

Vic
Re: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3226 is a reply to message #3198] Wed, 02 February 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haymaker is currently offline  Haymaker
Forum Newbie
Stick, hang in there strength will return in time. I'm new to the encore too and I'm planning on purchasing a 223 barrel one of these days and will start working up a load for it once it gets a little warmer.
Re: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3230 is a reply to message #3226] Wed, 02 February 2011 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MasonH is currently offline  MasonH
Novice Contributor
got all my mounts and barrels scoped, now i just need a break in the weather to get to a range!!!
Re: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore [message #3236 is a reply to message #3230] Wed, 02 February 2011 23:17 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
I know what you mean about the break in the weather, Missouri is not as cold as CT but its still cold.

Just got back last week from spending two weeks in Houston, TX with my sister, my wife complained the whole time about the cloudy skies. Yesterday we got 11" of snow and its suppose to go down to -10 degrees tonite, I could use somemore of those gray TX skies about now.

Previous Topic: Storing Ammo
Next Topic: Different Forends
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 20:28:17 EDT 2024