Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Duracoating question
Duracoating question [message #3254] Fri, 04 February 2011 09:20 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I'm going to Duracoat my first weapon - a scuffed up blued Encore receiver that I recently purchased. I have my airbrush, Duracoat, Reducer, air compressor, etc... I'm "ready to go"....

Almost.

I'm concerned with the "holes" in the receiver, where each pin goes. If I Duracoat a completely stripped receiver, will the holes then be slightly too small to get the pins back into them? Should I put something in the holes while spraying and then take them out before it dries... and if I do, do I risk messing up the finish around the holes? I'm trying to make this look as professionally done as possible, especially since I've heard Duracoat is so hard to get off once it's adhered to the weapon.

I've watched a few Youtube video's, but they never touch on this subject.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Duracoating question [message #3256 is a reply to message #3254] Fri, 04 February 2011 18:26 Go to previous message
stuckon308 is currently offline  stuckon308
Forum Newbie
You should put something in the holes if you don't want it to be a bugger trying to put the pins back in. I've seen guys use tape, paper, almost anything that fits the hole. As soon as you're finished spraying take them out so the paint doesn't dry on them.
Previous Topic: .311 bullets in a .308 bore
Next Topic: Bullet casting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:00:00 EDT 2024