Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » T/C Dimension-shortening the stock (what tool to use to get a spacer off)
T/C Dimension-shortening the stock [message #32519] Sat, 02 August 2014 13:41 Go to next message
wganz is currently offline  wganz
Forum Newbie

The length of pull on my T/C Dimension is a bit long for my preferences. I see that there is gray & black spacer by the recoil pad. I've tried tools that come with it to loosen the screws. Tried twice and didn't work, now asking questions before I fuxxor my stock.

How does one get one of those spacers off the stock to shorten the length of pull?

To seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield.
Maranatha!! <")))><
Re: T/C Dimension-shortening the stock [message #32521 is a reply to message #32519] Sat, 02 August 2014 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Call Marty at hausofarms. You can find his number in his ads or look at his banner at the top of forum pages.
636-359-0104

Jim

[Updated on: Sat, 02 August 2014 17:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: T/C Dimension-shortening the stock [message #32540 is a reply to message #32521] Sun, 03 August 2014 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
The spacer is probably integrated into the pad, just a guess. You probably need to get a thinner pad if it's just a little bit off for ya. Mike
Re: T/C Dimension-shortening the stock [message #32548 is a reply to message #32519] Mon, 04 August 2014 09:49 Go to previous message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

I assume; (and you know what that does) you are trying to get the pad from the stock. If that is the case it should be a Phillips screwdriver a number two head with as small diameter shaft as possible. If that in not what you are talking about then I am totally lost. Have no trouble changing pads on my Contenders and or Encores with just the phillips driver to remove the screws. Not trying to be a smart a$$, and I hope this helps.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Previous Topic: Assembly video
Next Topic: T/C encore pro hunter .204 ruger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:12:15 EDT 2024