Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Front sight installation
Front sight installation [message #3816] Sat, 05 March 2011 16:14 Go to next message
dmccorki is currently offline  dmccorki
Forum Newbie
Reinstalling metal sights on my .22 barrel. Does the front sight install from the right side(looking down the barrel)of barrel mounting base? Looks like it slides in from the right but do not want to force it.
Thanks.
Re: Front sight installation [message #3932 is a reply to message #3816] Wed, 09 March 2011 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
It's a tight fit, you'll have to carefully tap it in. You should try to put it in from the same side it came out, but it really shouldn't make a difference

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Front sight installation [message #4104 is a reply to message #3932] Thu, 17 March 2011 21:38 Go to previous message
dmccorki is currently offline  dmccorki
Forum Newbie
Thanks. Lost the original sight so had to start from scratch. Measured the sight with my calibers and found that best to start from the right--looking down the barrel. After I installed it, a call to Thompson technical folks confirmed that was best way to install. Should have called first and saved some time.
Previous Topic: Bullet casting
Next Topic: Rate of twist...500 S&W Magnum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:52:47 EDT 2024