Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » rchatting's first project with the sewing machine
rchatting's first project with the sewing machine [message #34919] Mon, 22 December 2014 17:43 Go to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
My first project with the sewing machine. Sewed the first by hand and it took too long. I saw one like that on sportsmansguide.com but didnt want to pay $14 for something I could make myself. Can be made larger to go on your wrist, hut I like it on the gun.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34920 is a reply to message #34919] Mon, 22 December 2014 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular
This one is on my 7tcu. Simple knit elastic and velcro from fabric store.index.php?t=getfile&id=5829&private=0
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34924 is a reply to message #34920] Mon, 22 December 2014 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Cool, my wife loves to sew, give her a tiny project. Is that cuff elastic? She has a bunch of that, maybe even in camo
Jim
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34925 is a reply to message #34924] Mon, 22 December 2014 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular
Yes. All elastic except for the velcro
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34948 is a reply to message #34925] Tue, 23 December 2014 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TScottW99 is currently offline  TScottW99
Novice Contributor

I found an old buttstock elastic shell holder lying around and cut it half. I put my .480 rounds in the three shell holders and slip it over my wrist. Fits nice and snug.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34958 is a reply to message #34948] Tue, 23 December 2014 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I've got a bunch of various cartridge holes for 10/20 rounds that are belt carry.
Generally I don't like using them, just put two in a pocket. Depending on temp, I may
have fat arms/sleeves front the clothing. The idea of two spares right on the pistol
that I can still holster is the appealing part, don't need to tie up one hand digging
one out of a pocket. Generally I'd need one for 223 based cases (for two rounds) anopther for
30-30/307 based, and another for the longer fat ones, 444 marlin based. they could actually eliminate the velcro
I don't keep front sights on, so could slip them in place from the muzzle end, with the ammo on the right side of the forend
right in front of the scope.
Jim
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34989 is a reply to message #34958] Wed, 24 December 2014 11:59 Go to previous message
Forum Regular
The velcro allows it to fit various size forearms. If you eliminate it, it may eliminate the options, but the elastic will also allow it to fit different sizes, just reduce the options me thinks. The one I put on my encore with the Pachmayar forend had to be bigger, when I changed to a factory rubber forend, I had to make it smaller and the one on the rynite 10" contender forend, it had to be really small. But if you have someone them sew for them, you can make several different ones to fit your needs. My mother-in-law was supposed to sew some for me but she took too long and finally told me to take the sewing machine home and try it. Now I am looking for other projects around the house to make. Made shooting bags, sewed the fabric seat for hunting (that also included learning to weld). I love making things with my hands and learning to use a sewing machine and welder has really opened things up. Wished I had learned these things years ago. Now I just need a metal mill and lathe. Wink
Previous Topic: 7mm x 57
Next Topic: New Encore pistol frame.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:44:13 EDT 2024