Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey.....
Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #34968] Tue, 23 December 2014 19:46 Go to next message
shooter66 is currently offline  shooter66
Novice Contributor
Mad Mad my trusty encore frame has decided it will not automatically reset itself to safe after its fired. You can manually move the lever back 1 click and it's all good.....any suggestions?

How tough is the disassembly? I have the Bellem manual.

Scott
Re: Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #34970 is a reply to message #34968] Tue, 23 December 2014 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
If you have the Bellm (no e) manual, it's not that difficult. Did you put a lightweight (#4, 5, 6, or 7) Bellm spring kit in it? If so, did you also modify the sear notch?
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #34972 is a reply to message #34970] Tue, 23 December 2014 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
No sir did not modify anything it's never been apart.
Re: Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #34974 is a reply to message #34972] Tue, 23 December 2014 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Are you the original owner? If you're not, are you 100% sure the previous owner did not modify it?

If the first answer is yes, then I'd say you probably have a weak trigger/sear spring and a replacement from Bellm would be a good choice, especially since you are going to rip it apart anyway.

If you aren't familiar with trigger jobs / sear angles, I wouldn't recommend anything other than a #1, 2, or 3 spring kit.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #34982 is a reply to message #34974] Wed, 24 December 2014 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Yep original owner. So it's a trigger/sear spring issue....cool that's what I needed to know! Love these guns...have 3 frames and 5 barrels have just never messed with a frame / trigger yet.
Re: Encore frame won't reset itself to Saftey..... [message #35608 is a reply to message #34982] Sat, 10 January 2015 17:36 Go to previous message
Iowa Fox is currently offline  Iowa Fox
Forum Newbie
The Encores are very easy. Just go slow and lay out all your parts so they can't get away. I have a feeling your action just needs a good cleaning and lube.
Previous Topic: Rynite stock absorbs recoil!
Next Topic: Trigger Job Needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 19:33:40 EDT 2024