Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » New Encore pistol frame. (how does it work)
New Encore pistol frame. [message #35010] Wed, 24 December 2014 17:06 Go to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
I just received my new Encore frame from Haus of Arms Good guy to deal with my question is this can you cock the hammer with out the barrel being attached.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: New Encore pistol frame. [message #35018 is a reply to message #35010] Wed, 24 December 2014 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
You can, but it's not designed to, so if you are pulling the hammer back without a barrel on, it won't cock unless you trick into thinking there is a barrel attached by pushing back on the interlock.

To test the functionality - If you are holding the frame in your hand, the way you would if you were shooting it, the interlock will be slightly sticking out on the bottom right hand side inside the barrel lug channel. Push it back with your finger as you are pulling the hammer back with your other hand. It will cock. Do not dry fire it. Ride the hammer back down with your thumb as you pull the trigger so that it doesn't smack the firing pin.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: New Encore pistol frame. [message #35022 is a reply to message #35018] Wed, 24 December 2014 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
With ONLY the G-1 Contender, You CAN dry fire it, and adjust the trigger let off and overtravel, Just DON'T cock the hammer To reset to do it more, recock the trigger guard spur. Never let any gun, G-1, G-2, or encore drop down on the firing pin unless there is a barrel installed, it's locked and loaded, pointed in a safe direction (you are on a safe target), and You intend to fire.
Jim
Re: New Encore pistol frame. [message #35037 is a reply to message #35022] Wed, 24 December 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Thanks guys Now I know what not to do.

Re: New Encore pistol frame. [message #35038 is a reply to message #35022] Wed, 24 December 2014 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Thanks guy now I know what to do and what not to do.

Re: New Encore pistol frame. [message #35039 is a reply to message #35038] Wed, 24 December 2014 21:39 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I don't know if it's the same with the G-2 or encore, but you don't have to hold that "tricking". Trick and let loose, it's still "tricked". You can see, feel and hear it "trick". Pull the trigger and the hammer will drop all the way down. If not tricked it will stop when it hits the Hammer block safety.
Jim
Previous Topic: rchatting's first project with the sewing machine
Next Topic: Questions From a New Guy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 03:18:23 EDT 2024