Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Latest info I got from S&W/T/C (Contender parts.)
Latest info I got from S&W/T/C [message #35102] Sat, 27 December 2014 15:32
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Most of this is just FYI.
I called S&W last week to order scope base screws and dovetail barrel locks, Blued and SS. They no longer carry/stock the scope base screws. He did say he would forward my email address, and other contact info to someone that used to provide them and asked "him" to contact me, no contact yet.
My brother had already called them for rear contender sight screws, the mounting screws, no others. With one exception they used them on all rear sights (exception, the "ultimate"). Front sights use two different lengths, longer in the rear hole, neither of which the same length as the rear sight screws. I bought 60 of the 100 SETS of rear screws from him. All but one rear uses two, the "saddle" uses 4, or two sets. They were like .90 each. Quoted was 90 per "set", so price shock when looking at card charge (double). Shipping/handling is also a rape.
Dovetail barrel locks: They no longer use both SS and blued, only blues now. (or he lied, and they still use SS's on SS barrels) They were 2.97 each. Ebay ass-wipes want 26.00 for a pair. Bellm sells them for a little less each. Guess who's raping you (hint--everyone). Total charged to my CC charge was 197.xx for 60.
Locking bolts and rollers used to ALL be blued 4140 regardless of the barrel material, blue, SS, or AA. The current G-2's are now SS and the rollers aren't rollers, they have flat bottoms on the part that sticks out the sides, they slide in the hinge lug LB slot. Twice getting pissed (about availability) and price shocked, I didn't even inquire about all the other stuff I called them for.
Jim

[Updated on: Sat, 27 December 2014 15:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: I need some help from G-1 and G-2 owners
Next Topic: Cerakote
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:44:55 EDT 2024