Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » I just bought a few tell me what you think?
I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35246] Wed, 31 December 2014 14:17 Go to next message
Bwhntr4168 is currently offline  Bwhntr4168
Forum Newbie
I recently bought a encore with the muzzleloading barrel, it also has 2 more barrels and scopes on all, came with a camo 12ga barrel with a extended comp-n-choke as well as a 15" 44 mag with all of the forearms and grips for all!

James

Family is always First! Unless your that one that every Family Has!!

[Updated on: Wed, 31 December 2014 15:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35252 is a reply to message #35246] Wed, 31 December 2014 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Sounds like a good buy. If you get interested in buying / selling / trading, check out the subforums to compare prices. Welcome to the forum.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35270 is a reply to message #35252] Thu, 01 January 2015 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TScottW99 is currently offline  TScottW99
Novice Contributor

I love my 12 gauge Encore. It has killed several turkeys in the last couple years. I have a Pure Gold choke tube and shoot the Hevi-Shot magnum blend. Deadly setup. The last two years I have been taking "Thumper" to a wounded warrior turkey hunt that I help with. This is a picture of a Vietnam Era Marine that I called a gobbler in to and he shot it with my Encore 12 gauge, "Thumper".

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/TScottW99/ww2013hamm_zps5dfd7de6.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 01 January 2015 08:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35271 is a reply to message #35270] Thu, 01 January 2015 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Glad to see someone is helping out with a wounded warrior program. There wasn't one around here, But I'm working on getting one going, more focused on those wheel-chair bound, or other mobility issues. Since my turkey area has gone general tag, I can toss turkeys into the mix, already had the deer and antelope covered, just need more co-operation from my neighbor and fish and Game.
Jim
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35274 is a reply to message #35271] Thu, 01 January 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Good score there James, sounds like it will be a useful combo in your neck of the woods.
Mike
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35278 is a reply to message #35271] Thu, 01 January 2015 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor

jamesgammel wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 10:27
Glad to see someone is helping out with a wounded warrior program. There wasn't one around here, But I'm working on getting one going, more focused on those wheel-chair bound, or other mobility issues. Since my turkey area has gone general tag, I can toss turkeys into the mix, already had the deer and antelope covered, just need more co-operation from my neighbor and fish and Game.
Jim

Ours is ran by one of our Fish & Game Officers. That helps alot. We have a hunting lodge that donates the use of the lodge every year. We run about 8 hunters every spring gobbler season.
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35283 is a reply to message #35278] Thu, 01 January 2015 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
I could easily run 20 hunters here, and maybe another 5/6 down on my other place. Season is a month and a half in the spring, aparantly not going to be a fall any turkey for a while. 20 tags X 16/tags is 320.00 out of my pocket not counting any other expenses like fuel, ammo, lunch, buying a bus with a wheel-chair lift, another lift for the 4-WD van to get them to the blinds. Almost 60 miles one way makes for waking up extra early to go get them in time to be set up at sunrise.
One guy has been coming out for the last three years for deer, gets one or more every year. Also usually with his grandson for Geese. He has his own blazer equipped for leg-less driving (has legs, no use, paralyzed from the waist down). Have to watch out for TEMPS since he is prone to frostbite with no feeling. he does get his own tags, has guns, and ammo, even some decoys and helps with the calling. He can drive close to the blind, we'll help him unload his chair, and one of us will move his blazer back and park it well away to not spook the birds. We've managed to get quite a few sitting up by the house, when they fly off the river they're only about 12 feet off the ground. If no one comes out, there's up to 4000 geese munching in my fields. Residents, never go south. With over 100 turkeys on my place, 20 Toms is a drop in the bucket. Merriams and Rio Grandes, and hybrids can be taken from the same flock. Many a time I see 16-23 toms in their own bachelor group, 25 yards and closer to the house. All summer flocks of hens and chicks spend half the day eating close to the house. Had a bearded hen last year.
Jim
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35291 is a reply to message #35283] Thu, 01 January 2015 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor

Holy cow! I wouldn't know how to act with that many turkeys.

We've been very lucky. Word has spread in the county and property owners lined up to donate the use of their land. Last year we had over 6,000 acres to choose from as to where to hunt. The first hunter to kill a bird last spring was a blind Marine. We've had wheel chair hunters to double amputees. It's a great time and I can't wait until this year, biting at the bit with 4 1/2 months to go.
Re: I just bought a few tell me what you think? [message #35294 is a reply to message #35291] Thu, 01 January 2015 21:38 Go to previous message
Top Contributor
I've only got 251 here where the house is, another 135 2 miles down the road. Best turkey habitat west side of the Bighorn mountains. More turkeys than the whole of Yellowtail Wildlife Habitat Area. Other place borders the Habitat on two sides. Here it's one neighbor on one side and BLM on the other three. Three and Two years ago I hatched more chicks than the rest of Bighorn County; Had the only ground for nesting not under water. Plus the dog and I made sure nobody or anything messed with them. They'll usually let us get within a few feet of them, not even stop eating if we walk 10 or 15 feet from them.
Game warden keeps telling everyone he sees to get a tag and "go out to Jim's he has a ton of turkeys. Problem is, he never asked if that was ok, especially considering there's no landowner coupon on them. The coupon is there, but it's "void".
Jim
Previous Topic: Why are the limits on what an Encore should fire....
Next Topic: 12 inch 7-08?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:06:35 EDT 2024