Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore Torque Settings (Inch Pound Reference for forend screws)
Encore Torque Settings [message #35554] Fri, 09 January 2015 13:25 Go to next message
kodabear is currently offline  kodabear
Forum Newbie
I fired off an email to TC over a week ago asking them what is the recommended torque in inch pounds for the forend screws on the TC Encore Pro Hunter. Of course, as expected, no reply. Typical.

Anyone on the forum have an answer to this question? Logic would imply that a constant torque would yield a consistent POI when changing out barrels.

Thanks!
Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35584 is a reply to message #35554] Sat, 10 January 2015 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
winman1550 is currently offline  winman1550
Novice Contributor
I searched around google and found many diff web/forums about this subject and found most 12-15 inlbs was what most guys used. also most used a rubber O ring as to keep the fore arm off the barrel.

Greg
Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35607 is a reply to message #35584] Sat, 10 January 2015 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Thanks Greg! Did they by chance mention the size, as in OD, ID, and thickness of the O rings? Or perhaps where to get them?

I have been chasing a 12 bore turkey setup in the Encore and finally said to Hell with it and got the 20 ga which is in stock. My shoulder immediately gave a huge sigh of relief Laughing

One of the things that was holding me back on going with the 20 bore was after market chokes for it. So I fired my good friend George at Trulock Chokes an email and here is what he said:

"The choke # you sent is for the Fed # 7 shell and will work in the TC.

Unless something has changed that I am not aware of the original Win Choke/Brn Invector / Moss Accu choke design does fit the TC in 12 and 20 ga.

It does not use Invector Plus."

George Trulock

President

trulock@trulockchokes.com

So now I think it's time to get excited as the new "Critter Blaster" should be here by the end of next week. Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2015 17:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35625 is a reply to message #35607] Sun, 11 January 2015 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
winman1550 is currently offline  winman1550
Novice Contributor
I really don't remember what size they used????? I just looked at an auto parts store and got them a little loose for the screws and bought a couple different thicknesses. Worked pretty well on me 460 Katahdin barrel. Have not shot the 460's but I've shot a bucket load of 454's and no loosening and pretty darn accurate.

Greg
Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35640 is a reply to message #35625] Sun, 11 January 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Thanks again Greg Very Happy Dick Casull hit pay dirt with that 454. I have a Raging Bull that will hit a quarter every time at 25 yards, and the gun is actually very pleasant to shoot. It's one of the few hand cannons I've used that will drop a Russian Boar's Pee Pee in the dirt at the shot. On the other hand, I had a Freedom Arms in a 475 Linebaugh that liked to have torqued my wrist out of the socket every time I lit it off. It was a wicked round on both ends according to the 6x6 elk I dropped with it in his tracks at 150 yards. Very Happy
Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35645 is a reply to message #35640] Sun, 11 January 2015 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Go to the hardware store and buy some of the flat rubber washers that are just big enough for the screw to go in.
Re: Encore Torque Settings [message #35659 is a reply to message #35645] Mon, 12 January 2015 14:49 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Thank you Sir! I ain't been this excited since I worked up a Hoss load with 540MS powder that will break the backbone on a black duck at 60 yards Very Happy
Previous Topic: Front sight
Next Topic: scope base question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:51:51 EDT 2024