Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » removing the camo,,,
removing the camo,,, [message #3922] Wed, 09 March 2011 09:43 Go to next message
romex2121 is currently offline  romex2121
Forum Newbie
when i bought my Encore ( 3 years ago ) it was the real tree hard woods camo stock and frame in 50cal MZ,, now that ive been adding new rifle barrels to the system im wanting to change things up by removing the camo pattern from the frame itself,, i think its SS under the paint or print,, is there an easy way to remove the camo pattern ???? or any downsides to doing so ???
has anyone done this before ????
Re: removing the camo,,, [message #3931 is a reply to message #3922] Wed, 09 March 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Personally, I'd try and trade for one in stainless. You might (operative word) be able to pick up a stainless and make some money selling the cammo

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: removing the camo,,, [message #9062 is a reply to message #3931] Mon, 20 February 2012 19:48 Go to previous message
mnshortdraw is currently offline  mnshortdraw
Novice Contributor
Bead blast or oxide blast will take care of the camo. If you want to know more, PM me.
Previous Topic: Vertical Stringing
Next Topic: My son's "new" Encore - All finished with the customizing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:06:23 EDT 2024