Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Red dot (On Encore Pistol)
Red dot [message #35626] Sun, 11 January 2015 07:48 Go to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
What would you suggest for a decent Red Dot scope thinking about putting on a 223 barrel I don't want to break the bank.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: Red dot [message #35628 is a reply to message #35626] Sun, 11 January 2015 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burkeboy is currently offline  burkeboy
Novice Contributor
I have truglos on my 223 and 22 handgun. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. So far I'm impressed!
Re: Red dot [message #35630 is a reply to message #35626] Sun, 11 January 2015 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

I work part time in a gun shop and we keep the TruGlo sights. They are impressive. I have never used one personally but have had several people buy them and then come back in and brag on them. So far have not had a single complaint. They are inexpensive and seem to do a great job. I do intend to try one some time soon.
You can spend a bunch of money on a sight, but why if the cheaper ones do a good job and hold up. The TruGlo seems to do that.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Red dot [message #35683 is a reply to message #35630] Tue, 13 January 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
I just ordered a TruGlo thanks.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: Red dot [message #35776 is a reply to message #35683] Fri, 16 January 2015 20:12 Go to previous message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
I really like my Burris (open type) it has been on 31/2"turkey gun,30-06 pistol barrel,7-08 Pistol barrel,375H&H rifle barrel,444marlin rifle barrel,and a few more!
It has NEVER lost zero.
My only complaint with it is that it's 4 moa dot is too big ,i would suggest a 2moa version!
Previous Topic: custom barrel
Next Topic: In/lb Torque Screw Driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:40:40 EDT 2024