Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Hanger Bar
Re: Hanger Bar [message #35905 is a reply to message #35903] Wed, 21 January 2015 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
Pls explain why I would want to have between the barrel and forearm?
I like Jim's idea

Seeking Thompson Center items, anything TC pls pm me or nhmikel@yahoo.com
Re: Hanger Bar [message #35907 is a reply to message #35905] Wed, 21 January 2015 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
You got me on the set up for 6, cause I had one pistol frame.

Bullberry has set up their hanger bars to take into account the different barrel configurations, so you're back to one forend no matter which barrel you put on the frame. Bullberry hanger bars are $12 each by the way. Composite forends are $20 each. Hmmm. You can also buy configured pistol forends for $30, and you can buy rifle forends for $55.

As for why? One of the things I've found when shooting off the bench is to keep the rest between the screws for best accuracy. When you factor in that you can create variations from session to session just by differences in tightening the screws on the forend. The hanger bar allows you to have the rear screw tight and the front screw firm (no rattle though) Now you put the forend on with a screw, tighten it down, and then put the rest anywhere on the forend (still keeping it within the screws). This makes for a more consistent and stable platform. (This is all personal opinion). The counter to this on the standard two screw forend is some folks bring along a torque screwdriver.

And, honestly. It really is personal views, likes and opinions. I like the Bullberry system because it works/worked for me. Jim likes his way because it works for him. Things were also much easier for Contender shooters in the day when you had 10" bull and 14" bull barrels. The octagon was it's own little quirky thing, but you could put the Pachmayr on it too.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2015 09:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hanger Bar [message #35932 is a reply to message #35907] Thu, 22 January 2015 09:26 Go to previous message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

Personal opinion, pachys the best, (for me)! WWKMAG
Previous Topic: 6mm contender
Next Topic: 357 mag Encore pistol
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 17:40:56 EDT 2024