Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » General info on Contenders
Re: General info on Contenders [message #36134 is a reply to message #36132] Wed, 28 January 2015 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
Think your all nuts get a G2 Twisted Evil
Re: General info on Contenders [message #36135 is a reply to message #36134] Wed, 28 January 2015 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
My first frame was an Encore. Then I got a non-easy open G1 (didn't know there were differences at the time). Next was a G2 and then got a G1 easy open.

IHMO, if you plan on target shooting, go with a G1 easy open. If you want it for hunting go with the G2. If you plan on doing both, get both like I did Smile. My G1 is hard to open no matter what barrel I put on it. Both the easy open and G2 open let's say "easy". The G1 triggers seem much more precise than the G2 and the G2 even has some side to side play of the trigger you don't see in the G1's. However, the G2 has the ability to de-cock and re-cock without resetting the trigger that is required in the G1 frames (I am sure Jim explained this to you in your call). So for carrying in and out of the woods and cocking for a shot and then not taking one, I like the G2 much better.

Oh, by the way, I like the Contenders better than the Encore for pistol length barrels. Much lighter and just seems easier to carry.
Re: General info on Contenders [message #36139 is a reply to message #36135] Wed, 28 January 2015 10:06 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I'd forgotten how light a G1 with synthetic stock and a short barrel was....

And yes Jim, that was meant to be trigger Confused (There's no face slap emotive)

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: 300 mags.if you had the choice
Next Topic: Difference in barrels for TCR and TC Encore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:01:07 EDT 2024