Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Which Encore? (Thinking of getting one???)
Which Encore? [message #36492] Fri, 06 February 2015 01:20 Go to next message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
Seems like several models to choose from?
Maybe a sst one.....
looked at Hausofarms for pricing....why is pistol frm more $$$
Do pistol barrels fit rifle frm? Or is there a particular frm that I should to
ensure all barrels will fit?

Seeking Thompson Center items, anything TC pls pm me or nhmikel@yahoo.com
Re: Which Encore? [message #36495 is a reply to message #36492] Fri, 06 February 2015 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
All encore barrels will interchange with any Encore frame. Don't know why a pistol frame costs more - I guess the market supports it so it happens. There are legal issues with going back and forth with pistol barrels and rifle barrels and various grips/stock combinations. I won't go into that here but research it before you decide - don't want anyone going to jail because of a lack of knowledge. T/C's stainless material is probably the least tarnish resistant stainless I've ever seen on a weapon. I've had my stainless barrel start to tarnish in one day of hunting when I got a wet leaf plastered to the barrel. I've never used their new weatherguard stuff so I can't comment on that. Their blued stuff seems to be done pretty well.
Re: Which Encore? [message #36500 is a reply to message #36495] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Go with the cheapest Wink

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Which Encore? [message #36504 is a reply to message #36500] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

Buy what you think you want, then shoot it , keep it, or sell it, or hoard it like others on this site. Then buy another and start all over.
Re: Which Encore? [message #36506 is a reply to message #36504] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
and buying the cheapest makes it possible to buy more. See?

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Which Encore? [message #36528 is a reply to message #36506] Fri, 06 February 2015 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
As long as it wasn't five-finger discount. Shocked Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
Re: Which Encore? [message #36630 is a reply to message #36528] Sun, 08 February 2015 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jplucas6.5 is currently offline  jplucas6.5
You can't buy just one.
Re: Which Encore? [message #36808 is a reply to message #36630] Sat, 14 February 2015 22:56 Go to previous message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
May get a new Encore pistol frame sst with SSK trigger job soon...

Seeking Thompson Center items, anything TC pls pm me or nhmikel@yahoo.com
Previous Topic: LASER ENGRAVING
Next Topic: Thompson pistol scope
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:05:51 EDT 2024