Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets
Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #346] Tue, 03 February 2009 21:06 Go to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

this year, after seeing a friend clean his muzzleloader with 4 patches total, i instantly switched to 777 pellets instead of pyrodex.

Unsure of how well it would shoot, i decided that i HAD to give it a shot after seeing just how easy it was to clean.

Let me tell you, overlapping 1" 3 shot group at 100yards was AWESOME!

i'm using the 250gr shockwaves!
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #347 is a reply to message #346] Tue, 03 February 2009 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shooter66 is currently offline  shooter66
Novice Contributor
Triple 7 rocks!!! One thing I make sure of is I Butter patch the gun after every shot. Even in the woods unless of course I have a chance at a 2nd shot. I find and so has my dad that it really makes a differance in loadability and accuracy with the Encore's.
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #348 is a reply to message #347] Tue, 03 February 2009 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

Quote:

Note about Sabots
T/C's All Natural Lube 1000 Plus Bore Butter was designed as a lube to be used with traditional patched roundballs (lube the patches) and all lead conical bullets like our Maxi-Ball and Maxi-Hunters.

If you are shooting sabots, DO NOT LUBE YOUR SABOTS. Sabots are designed to be shot right out of the package____DRY. In fact, you should remove any trace of Natural Lube, or any lube for that matter, from the barrel before shooting sabots. The less lube you have in the barrel when shooting sabots, the better, to achieve optimum accuracy.

When your hunting or shooting is done, and your rifle cleaned after shooting, re-lube your barrel with T/C's All Natural Lube Bore Butter prior to storage. Wipe down the outside as well. It's an excellent rust preventative.

source:

http://www.tcarms.com/customerService/faq.php
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #349 is a reply to message #348] Wed, 04 February 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Well....they can say it all they want but im telling you the gun gets hard to load after a few rounds if you dont patch it!! You can phyiscally feel the differance! And my gun shoots worse when its not patched...same as my old mans.

In fact I thought they had a article somewhere as well that warned against not patching the gun saying eventually it would get unloadable???
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #351 is a reply to message #349] Wed, 04 February 2009 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

i've shot 6 shots in a row without patching, no accuracy difference or ease of loading
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #359 is a reply to message #346] Fri, 06 February 2009 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Please allow me to REMOVE my head from my backside on this....after re-reading what it was I was typing and then having to think about it (which usually does not work out) I went and looked at my patches.....uh......yeah...I MEANT I patch the gun with T17 Patches after every shot NOT Bore Butter... Rolling Eyes Someone else must have had my login...yeah thats it!!! Dayum hackers!!! Very Happy
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #362 is a reply to message #359] Fri, 06 February 2009 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

LOL thats what i was thinking Smile

i LOVE the T17, although quite odd when your used to the milky stinky crap Shocked
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #1732 is a reply to message #362] Tue, 27 July 2010 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anthracite is currently offline  anthracite
Forum Newbie
I too noticed that it Prohunter Endeavor gets harder and harder to load even after the first shot. Now I just clean it after each shot...
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #1739 is a reply to message #346] Tue, 27 July 2010 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Encore28 is currently offline  Encore28
Novice Contributor
I shoot the same load as you and get the same results!!!!
I do all my cleaning and between shots with rubbing alcohol.

Encore28
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #2687 is a reply to message #1739] Thu, 23 December 2010 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
Usually what happens is the sabot leaves some melted residue in the barrel at the powder charge level. So yes ,running a patch down does help. I have found that if you put a 50cal felt wad between the powder and the sabot, the sabot does not melt any and also accuracy is improved. The felt wad actually wipes the bore as you push it down with the saboted bullet.Works for me anyway.Also putting a cleaning patch over a 45cal brush works great for a 50cal ,and patches stick to brush so they can't fall off in the bore.
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #2689 is a reply to message #2687] Thu, 23 December 2010 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Encore28 is currently offline  Encore28
Novice Contributor
I clean with rubbing alcohol after every 3-4 shots----I use rubbing alcohol for all my cleaning needs with my blackpowder guns.

Encore28
Re: Triple Seven Blackpowder Pellets [message #2692 is a reply to message #2689] Thu, 23 December 2010 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
oneshotonekill is currently offline  oneshotonekill
Forum Newbie
If you like 777, you will love Blackhorn 209. No smell, consistant shot to shot, easy clean up and much easier to load in a dirty barrel.
Previous Topic: .338 Federal
Next Topic: 6.5x55 Encore barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:10:27 EDT 2024