Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » LASER ENGRAVING
LASER ENGRAVING [message #36790] Sat, 14 February 2015 03:03 Go to next message
stacyleegabbard is currently offline  stacyleegabbard
Novice Contributor
I recently purchase a Thompson Encore pistol. I was thinking about sending it to Bullberry's barrel works to have the receiver engraved with some scroll work on the top portion of the receiver and have to lower portion engraved with the TC logo. I spoke with them by phone and was told they charge $60.00 for the procedure. I also questioned if they could refinish the receiver in something like Satin nickel. The lady I spoke with said they could do a scotch-brite finish that resembled Stainless. Has any one seen this and does the finish hold up well. Another thing has any one had them do any work for them, other than make a barrel. I understand they have real slow service.
Re: LASER ENGRAVING [message #36791 is a reply to message #36790] Sat, 14 February 2015 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
If you want real chisel engraving and the frame is blued, You might consider SSK. Jones has a real engraver that's 5 miles from his shop do the engraving work. SSKrome is often mistaken for stainless.
Jim
Re: LASER ENGRAVING [message #36794 is a reply to message #36791] Sat, 14 February 2015 10:47 Go to previous message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Stacy: If Bullberry does work for you it should look great. When you factor in you expense did you consider any FFL fees. They may have to ship back to your FFL.
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Previous Topic: Scored a .260 rem barrel blued $175.
Next Topic: Which Encore?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:38:10 EDT 2024