Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore barrels (Pistol versus Rifle)
Encore barrels [message #36870] Tue, 17 February 2015 17:18 Go to next message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
Which ones are more sought after if all TC made?
Which caliber in pistl vs rifle?
There must be particular sizes as well
I know it might be a loaded question
but have friend that wants to downsize
Re: Encore barrels [message #36874 is a reply to message #36870] Tue, 17 February 2015 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
If all he cares about is downsizing, list all of them. When the number left is what he decided to downsize TO, close the ad.
Re: Encore barrels [message #36875 is a reply to message #36874] Tue, 17 February 2015 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I think that's a subjective question. It depends on area of the country, use, age and physical condition of the shooter, etc...

I will say that I've seen more 7mm Rem Mag's and .300 WM's for sale than any other caliber in Encore. Does that mean they are more popular, or just too much gun for most single shot shooters? I don't know. For me, it turned out to be too much gun for my area. It was like hunting squirrel with a howitzer. For my area of the country, you can get away with much less powerful calibers like .25-06, 7mm-08, etc..., and they are much nicer to shoot (if your not a masochist).

Pistol vs rifle is also subjective. I never considered hunting with a pistol until I bought my first Encore pistol barrel. After that, i was hooked. I really like walking with both hands free, pistol strapped across my chest.

Personally, I like the "light to medium" cartridges in both rifle and pistol, depending on my mood, and where I'm going to hunt. My favorites are the 7mm-08, .308 (loaded down for the pistol), 6.8 SPC, and .357 Max in the rifle.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore barrels [message #36879 is a reply to message #36875] Tue, 17 February 2015 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jplucas6.5 is currently offline  jplucas6.5
I can tell you why you see more 7 mag and 300 mag for sale. They kick like a mule.
Re: Encore barrels [message #36889 is a reply to message #36879] Wed, 18 February 2015 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
and are way more cartridge than most people need for the game they're hunting

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Encore barrels [message #36890 is a reply to message #36889] Wed, 18 February 2015 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
as for barrels, decide what you want to do. Then look at the cartridges that do what you want. Pick the ones that cover a couple of the areas you want to shoot for and sell the rest. One caveat to that, if there is a super accurate barrel in the bunch - KEEP IT!!!

If that doesn't help, then go with Jame's approach.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Encore barrels [message #36896 is a reply to message #36890] Wed, 18 February 2015 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iowa Fox is currently offline  Iowa Fox
Forum Newbie
One option is to start with one or two that he doesn't want to keep and list them for sale here. After they are gone pick the next one or two to go.
Re: Encore barrels [message #36897 is a reply to message #36896] Wed, 18 February 2015 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Of course, the friend would have to become a member and do the selling himself. Per rules:

9) No selling for others. If you are selling an item, you must be the owner, legally able to sell that item. Same goes for buying for others. All communication should be between forum members only.

10) Be sure you want to sell the item BEFORE you post. No "testing the waters". Be sure of your pricing. If you post it for sale, reply to people who want to buy in public. Non-servicing of ads will result in the ad being locked.

Jim
Re: Encore barrels [message #36909 is a reply to message #36897] Wed, 18 February 2015 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
We shall see what happens....I went and bought them all
stay tuned and watch the for sale area

Seeking Thompson Center items, anything TC pls pm me or nhmikel@yahoo.com
Re: Encore barrels [message #36911 is a reply to message #36909] Wed, 18 February 2015 22:16 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Well, that's one way to do it - Downsize by selling everything you own.

I will stay tuned and watch for the sale area. Make sure all dealings are through you completely, since you are the new owner of all those barrels. Congrats on the large purchase. Hope there are a few I'm interested in. See you on the sales side.

Locking this one down since you now have your answer.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: Receiver refinishing
Next Topic: .45 / .410 Accuracy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:03:08 EDT 2024