Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Receiver refinishing (Satin nickel)
Receiver refinishing [message #36872] Tue, 17 February 2015 18:00 Go to next message
stacyleegabbard is currently offline  stacyleegabbard
Novice Contributor
I'm looking for a company who will refinish an Encore blued receiver to a finish like TC's stainless steel color. I have had a suggestion about SS&KINDUSTIES but have not been able to contact them. Any one else have this kind of work done to a firearm.
Re: Receiver refinishing [message #36876 is a reply to message #36872] Tue, 17 February 2015 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Seriously - Not worth the time and money. I know that's not the answer you are looking for, but it's the truth. You would be MUCH better off selling your blued frame and just buying a stainless steel one.

But if you are dead-set on getting it done, just look around in your local area for someone who does Cerakote. Have them "Kote" yours in H-152Q. It's not a perfect match, but then there won't be much that is a perfect match for stainless steel, and Cerakote is one of the best coatings to do so.

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/H-152Q/stainless /

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Receiver refinishing [message #36878 is a reply to message #36876] Tue, 17 February 2015 19:43 Go to previous message
stacyleegabbard is currently offline  stacyleegabbard
Novice Contributor
Thanks Cajuntec for your reply. I agree and have decided to keep it original. There's no need to devaluing this gun. It does however change the needs I have for a stock trade.
Previous Topic: Thompson Center Pro- Hunter weight.
Next Topic: Encore barrels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:16:44 EDT 2024