Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » couple of encore questions
couple of encore questions [message #4983] Mon, 16 May 2011 21:50 Go to next message
bowtieracin is currently offline  bowtieracin
Novice Contributor
hi can someone tell me:
1. what the circle star brand on the locking lug of the encore means if anything?

2.will scope mounts interchange from contender to encore? thanks
Re: couple of encore questions [message #4985 is a reply to message #4983] Mon, 16 May 2011 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
1. The circle star brand on a locking lug designated the rifle as the 100,000th produced. Very rare, very collectable. If you owned one, you would be holding a piece of TC history....

....just joking. I have no idea what that mark stands for. Sorry. Just couldn't resist messing with you a bit. Smile

2. No, to the best of my knowledge, the bases are not interchangeable. Weavers base chart selector lists two seperate models for the Contender/G2 and Encore.

I'll look into the first question and see if I can get you a real answer.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: couple of encore questions [message #4991 is a reply to message #4985] Tue, 17 May 2011 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bowtieracin is currently offline  bowtieracin
Novice Contributor
That was funny! Ad soon as I started reading it I new better than that my luck isn't that good! But I appreciated the story quick thinkin I'm a decent b.s' er myself
Re: couple of encore questions [message #5056 is a reply to message #4991] Mon, 23 May 2011 10:06 Go to previous message
SuperKirby is currently offline  SuperKirby
Novice Contributor
They should fit. At least the on contender base I have the holes line up fine.
Previous Topic: TC Custom Shop
Next Topic: Advice please.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 14:55:53 EDT 2024