Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Contender Carbine broke down case??
Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37789] Wed, 18 March 2015 08:34 Go to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Does anyone make a case to hold a broken down contender carbine? I took mine apart last night and managed to fit it in an Rossi case but it doesn't fit well and was tough to close. It would be nice for a case just long enough for the barrel and stock/frame disassembled. Also a small zippered pouch for the hinge pin and screws. Does anyone make one?

The Rossi case worked well on my motorcycle. Bungeed it to the side and went to meet my father-in-law for our trip to the hunting property. Got to thinking it would work well to go hunting on my trail bike and only have to call someone if I get something. Would also be good to not look like a gun case since I will be riding down the road with it strapped on the side. Makes some folks frown.
Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37798 is a reply to message #37789] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I've used the Gunguard/Doscosil accessory case. No zippered pouch for the pin and screws but I find those "Altoid" tins work well for that sized stuff. My wife saves hers for me. I know it works nicely for 21's. even managed to get a couple barrels, forend, frame on the buttstock, and still room for one or 2 14's and grip and forend. It's not gun shaped so could be mistaken for "luggage"/attache case.
Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37804 is a reply to message #37789] Wed, 18 March 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyog is currently offline  tyog
Forum Regular
Anyone know if a ruger takedown bag would work?
Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37818 is a reply to message #37804] Wed, 18 March 2015 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
what barrel length ? any thing strapped on the bike will attract attention how about a back pack
Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37820 is a reply to message #37818] Wed, 18 March 2015 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
screw the jerks with their frowns, strap the dead critter too. In a case in some places would be considered a concealed weapon, so sling it, no longer concealed. Just worry about what's legal and what isn't. tree huggers and bambi lovers can just close their eyes if they don't like it. If you aren't married to them why worry? Texas now almost has open carry. We've never had any prohibition against open or concealed carry, that's the way it should be everywhere. You are who you are, why let some other jerk dictate who you SHOULD be,
Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37821 is a reply to message #37820] Wed, 18 March 2015 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
what he said ^^^^

[Updated on: Thu, 19 March 2015 00:08] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Contender Carbine broke down case?? [message #37825 is a reply to message #37821] Thu, 19 March 2015 10:21 Go to previous message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I have a carry permit, so I can conceal all I want. We can open carry rifles in our state anyway. It is a 16" bbl. I doubt anyone would notice if it isn't shaped like a gun case. The Rossi case I used, just laid on top of the saddle bag and bunged in place. Barely noticeable. Black nylon case on a black bike against a black seat, really blended in. Just want one that better fits the gun setup.
Previous Topic: Stock Spacer Convert Encore to G2
Next Topic: what caliber
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:25:41 EDT 2024