Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Regular and Pro Hunter barrel differences? (Particularly pistol barrels)
Regular and Pro Hunter barrel differences? [message #5169] Thu, 02 June 2011 19:28 Go to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
I was looking on Eds T/C's site at his barrel prices. I know the difference between the longer Pro Hunter rifle barrels and the 24" regular barrels. But, what is the difference in pistol barrels? Both are listed as 15" and both come in blued or stainless. The Pro Hunter barrels are quite a bit more money. Other than the price, they don't talk about any differences. I'm assuming that regular and Pro Hunter barrels are interchangeable with both regular and Pro Hunter frames. Am I wrong there?
Re: Regular and Pro Hunter barrel differences? [message #5170 is a reply to message #5169] Thu, 02 June 2011 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
I think I may have found the difference. I did some browsing through the pictures on Gunbroker and found that the ones listed as Pro Hunter have fluted barrels.
Re: Regular and Pro Hunter barrel differences? [message #5172 is a reply to message #5170] Fri, 03 June 2011 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlopez13619 is currently offline  nlopez13619
Novice Contributor
yeah, they fit all Encore frames. I wouldn't mess with the prohunter rifle barrels, the extra length will probably only yield 30-40fps over a 24" barrel and with a longer barrel there is always a greater chance for there to be more flaws. Go for the 26" HB blue or stainless, or even better an E A Brown or MGM custom.
Re: Regular and Pro Hunter barrel differences? [message #5173 is a reply to message #5169] Fri, 03 June 2011 04:31 Go to previous message
martineta is currently offline  martineta
Forum Newbie
I don't think you have to worry much about a bad barrel coming from Thompson at whatever length. Razz

I have fluted, Bull, and tapered barrels in every length thompson offers. All shoot great. It is just a matter of what you prefer.

Kenneth Burnett
Managing Partner
www.pasodelpuerto.com
Previous Topic: Advice please.
Next Topic: Encores chambered in old military calibers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:12:59 EDT 2024