Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Getting what you ask for....
Getting what you ask for.... [message #38112] Fri, 10 April 2015 10:14 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I realize that bigger is ALWAYS better, but if you can't hang onto it....

http:// www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/04/08/video-shooting-500-nitro- express-pistol-goes-exactly-expect/

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Getting what you ask for.... [message #38113 is a reply to message #38112] Fri, 10 April 2015 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I also have had my muffs cleaned off my head by a 45/70 shooting 400 grain bullet,TC contender with 12.5" barrel. My own fault, I was trying the off hand on the forearm style of shooting. That was in the 80's and have not tried it since.
Re: Getting what you ask for.... [message #38119 is a reply to message #38113] Fri, 10 April 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
If that actually is a Nitro Express... I wonder who chambered it? None of the aftermarket companies chamber the .500 NE in the Encore. The biggest I've seen listed is the .500 Alaskan and the .50-110.

Play stupid games... win stupid prizes. That was beyond stupid.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Getting what you ask for.... [message #38120 is a reply to message #38119] Fri, 10 April 2015 18:24 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Awwwww, geeee whiz, someone just wanted a little more action out of his .50 Action Express. Ought to be a great round for the likes of prarie dogs, chipmunks and other dangerous game like red squirrels. Even if you miss, the felling of the tree may break the critter's neck making for quick clean kills. A shot into one trash pile at the local dump should be good for at least a half-dozen rats, making you the town's hero. Concussion out the front end should be good for a dozen pesky starlings or black birds overhead, making you every farmer's best buddy.
Previous Topic: Contender - Talley or DNZ?
Next Topic: Contender 375 caliber
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:12:21 EDT 2024