Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Adjusting ejector (Ejector )
Adjusting ejector [message #38318] Mon, 04 May 2015 09:53 Go to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
I have a friend he bought a new barrel the shell slide past the ejector has to use a rod to push spent cases out of chamber is there a way to adjust the ejector.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 May 2015 09:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adjusting ejector [message #38319 is a reply to message #38318] Mon, 04 May 2015 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
First, what caliber? If it's a belted magnum (7mm, 300 Win Mag, etc) you sometimes just have to be very careful to get it over the belt and into the rim's groove.

Next - read the section on extractors (you'll see it at the top of this forum.

Then: Have him punch out and check for the leaf spring. If it's missing call TC.

If it isn't any of the above, then when you've got it out use some light force to bend it up carefully. It's better to go in small steps. Too much upward force will significantly scratch the brass and make extracting it harder too.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Adjusting ejector [message #38370 is a reply to message #38319] Mon, 11 May 2015 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
It is a 243

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: Adjusting ejector [message #38375 is a reply to message #38370] Tue, 12 May 2015 08:01 Go to previous message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I think my .223 for my contender wasn't catching the lip and I bent it slightly up, nary a problem since. Mine was not missing the spring.
Previous Topic: Encore Trigger
Next Topic: No lockup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 21:17:55 EDT 2024