Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » Thompson Center Encore Classifieds » Encore Reference Only » Encore Assembly
Encore Assembly [message #39069] Fri, 04 September 2015 08:32 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
OK, so you've got a pile of CLEAN parts.... The process of putting it back together is pretty straight forward, you just start from the top and work your way down. Very Happy

With one exception, I put the firing pin in last so I can safely dry fire the frame without risking damage to the pin.

Here's a pic so you can see how the parts fit inside the frame. The spring is shown so you know how it should go in on the sear pin.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6554&private=0

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2015 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39070 is a reply to message #39069] Fri, 04 September 2015 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Here's the trick for keeping your blood pressure and aggravation down. Instead of trying to keep everything in place while you try to put several parts in at the same time, work one part at a time and use the pin and punch to keep everything in place.

Put the first piece in that the pin goes through
Position it at the pin hole
and slide the punch through

Then use the pin to push the punch back until there's enough room to fit the next piece in
index.php?t=getfile&id=6520&private=0

Install the working piece

And then push the pin all the way through and let the pin push the punch out

• Attachment: Pin It.jpg
    (Size: 39.81KB, Downloaded 1470 times)

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 September 2015 08:52]

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39071 is a reply to message #39070] Fri, 04 September 2015 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
OK, so. Let's put the frame back together - starting with the hammer

Drop in the hammer strut and spring from the top of the frame
index.php?t=getfile&id=6521&private=0

Then slide the hammer in from the bottom and out the top

Make sure the T of the hammer strut fits into the slot in the hammer and then pin the hammer in place
index.php?t=getfile&id=6522&private=0

Turn the frame over, use the pin/punch trick to create a gap like shown aboove

Insert the trigger guard strut and push the pin all the way through
index.php?t=getfile&id=6523&private=0

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39073 is a reply to message #39071] Fri, 04 September 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Of all the things we're going to do, this is the most complicated. So take a deep breath and relax a bit. Now that you've prepared let's put the sear and interlock in.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6524&private=0

The interlock fits into the frame by having the sear inserted through the hole in the interlock and the C gap of the interlock slide around the hammer. The spring pushes against the hammer to keep the hammer locked when there is no barrel in the frame.

It is critical that you get the interlock on the correct side of the frame. Remember the Trigger Guard? See that extension going up at the rear of the guard?
index.php?t=getfile&id=6528&private=0

Well, if you put the interlock on the (looking from the bottom and back of the frame) right side of the hammer, that spur will hit the interlock.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6526&private=0

How do I know this? It's the reason I have to stop here and go back and take more pictures. (I fixed the problem, but didn't retake the pictures with everything on the correct side)

[Updated on: Fri, 04 September 2015 09:25]

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39163 is a reply to message #39073] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
So, carrying on....

Lay the frame on it's right side, you can see why by looking at the interlock in relation to the trigger guard.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6555&private=0

Put the sear into the hole in the interlock, and slide that into the frame.
-- The long end of the sear goes up and the short end points to the rear.
-- The spring in the interlock presses against the hammer post, so you'll have to kind of slide it around the post, then slide the interlock up against the frame.

Now, comes the fun. Take your punch and try to get it to feed through the holes for the sear pin. If you want, you can use the pin as well. Either works fine. This takes a bit of finesse, since you have to line up the holes. So be patient, don't force it, and take your time.

Once you have the pieces pinned in place, use the tip above and insert the punch/pin to create a gap to put the spring in.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6556&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 16 September 2015 15:05]

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39164 is a reply to message #39163] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
This next step isn't as hard as it looks and at no point should anything go shooting off to places unknown. The spring should not be under tension at any point of this step, so if yours is then you're doing it wrong.

A while ago I bought a Bellm kit that included these pliers. They're very nice, do exactly what needs done, but aren't necessary for as often as you're going to do this. A good set of needle nose pliers, or one of those cross action tweezers (squeeze to open) will work just as well.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6558&private=0

Now, since it's impossible for me to hold the parts and take pics read carefully. Using the picture above, the top piece goes into the frame first, up behind the sear (not in through the hole in the sear. Like below.) The L part of the spring faces to the rear. The L bend is what connects to the trigger.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6559&private=0

If you put the spring up through the sear, instead of in between it and the frame, or face the L to the front - you will be removing the trigger and trigger guard again to fix it.

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39165 is a reply to message #39164] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Position the spring hole close to sear pin, the work things so you push the sear pin all the way through the spring and push out the punch. It may take a bit of trial and error, but everything will slide through once you get the spring's hole in place.

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39166 is a reply to message #39165] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Now, take the trigger, hook the sear spring into the little hole in the top of the trigger. Then pull it forward so the trigger holes line up with the frame holes and slide the pin in place
index.php?t=getfile&id=6560&private=0

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39167 is a reply to message #39166] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Put the trigger guard spring on the strut.....
index.php?t=getfile&id=6561&private=0

Oh, you didn't put the strut in? No problem. Use the pin/punch tip and put it in now. Smile

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39168 is a reply to message #39167] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Now, use the trigger guard to push the spring into the frame, and slide the guard into the frame.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6562&private=0

Make sure the strut is in the hole in the trigger guard.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6566&private=0

Line up the screw holes, and slide the screw into the frame and then the gaurd until it stops.
DO NOT FORCE IT once it stops!!!
The screw gets stuck on the plunger.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6567&private=0

So take a punch, push the plunger down, and slide the screw in the rest of the way
index.php?t=getfile&id=6568&private=0

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39169 is a reply to message #39168] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Now, screw the screw in. Check for extra parts, because if there are any you didn't do it right Wink

Then, slide your finger into the frame (you're simulating a barrel and locking bolts) and push the interlock back and pull the hammer back until it locks in place.

Now, if the hammer doesn't have any tension on it all all - your forgot the hammer spring.
If it doesn't lock back with tension, then you probably forgot the sear spring
If it won't go back at all, then you have the sear spring inside the sear.

Pull the trigger and you should get a solid hammer drop and click. Please note though, if there's no barrel it probably won't hit where the firing pin is. The interlock will keep the hammer from reaching the frame. So don't be alarmed if you see a gap after pulling the trigger

Re: Encore Assembly [message #39170 is a reply to message #39169] Wed, 16 September 2015 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Once you're sure you've got everything back in place and working, put the firing pin assembly back together. Fat end of the spring in first.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6569&private=0

And then put it back into the frame. Align the screw holes and tighten it in place.

Previous Topic: How to Disassemble an Encore
Next Topic: The difference between an Encore / Prohunter and an FX frame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:35:33 EDT 2024