Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » New G2 Frame (loose)
New G2 Frame [message #39699] Sun, 06 December 2015 20:35 Go to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I just bought a new stainless G2 frame. I like the looks of it. The first thing I noticed was how loose the trigger guard or housing is. It feels like a quarter inch slop side to side. I measured it at about 75 to 80 thousanths. I wrote Bellm to see if he has any spacers for this. Does anyone know if there is such a thing available? Also what is the advantage of a locking bolt w/o roller pin ? Is this a new style, and does it work better? Why I ask, this locking bolt w/o roller was on a different topic, is there such a thing?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 December 2015 21:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New G2 Frame [message #39702 is a reply to message #39699] Mon, 07 December 2015 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nhmikel is currently offline  nhmikel
Call S&W

Seeking Thompson Center items, anything TC pls pm me or nhmikel@yahoo.com
Re: New G2 Frame [message #39794 is a reply to message #39699] Fri, 18 December 2015 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Update on new G2 frame. I wish I had never bought it. A lot of money for what I wished I had not bought. It is a great idea for a mini encore. The roughness of the action is like dragging your fingers down a cobblestone road. It is not that much easier than a regular contender to open. I bought it because of arthritus in my hands hoping it would be the answer for a real cold morning in November, when I was not able to open a regular contender.
Re: New G2 Frame [message #39823 is a reply to message #39699] Sun, 20 December 2015 19:20 Go to previous message

Another update on the G2. I feel like a professional G2 man now. I fitted a small washer to the trigger assembly to take the slop of side play out. I have had the gun apart so many times to smooth up where the locking bolt rides its ridiculous. I finally got it manageable, and I think I can live with it. I also had a 2 stage trigger that was bugging me. I had installed a #3 Bellm sear spring in the frame. I couldn't see what was causing the 2 stage trigger. I pulled the Bellm sear spring out and compared it to 2 other factory springs. I noticed that one end of the Bellm spring was slightly longer, and I mean slightly. So I took a chance and cut just a little bit off with wire cutters. Put the gun back together and no more 2 stage trigger. The gun works ok now. The roughness of the frame where the locking bolt rides really perturbs me. I even had to SLIGHTLY bevel the bottom of the firing pin bushing, I think that's what you call it, for the locking bolt to ride over. I probably will not buy a G2 again.
Previous Topic: Anyone Know of
Next Topic: Barrel hanger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 23:08:03 EDT 2024