Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Shipping a barrel - revisited
Shipping a barrel - revisited [message #40043] Mon, 04 January 2016 07:26 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
So, saw something today that made everything else obsolete.....

First, you can get a small or large Priority Mail tube from the USPS (free)
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSk uDropDown.jsp?productId=P_O_1098M
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSk uDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCo unt=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping- supplies&productId=P_O_1098S

And, what to wrap it in? If you have access to them, those float tubes would work as well
index.php?t=getfile&id=6787&private=0

To quote a commerical, "So easy a..."

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Shipping a barrel - revisited [message #40045 is a reply to message #40043] Mon, 04 January 2016 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
For the not so handy types, the tubes shown above are pipe insulators that you can buy at Ace/HD/Lowe's/etc, and they're very cheap. They're already split down one side and all you should have to do is put the barrel in, leave an inch or so at both ends and tape.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Shipping a barrel - revisited [message #40623 is a reply to message #40045] Mon, 22 February 2016 16:54 Go to previous message
mooney is currently offline  mooney
Forum Newbie
Crubear,

Glad you brought up this subject as i have shipped barrels this way before ,wrap bubble wrap around pipe insulation, a little tape and your good to go!

Previous Topic: T/C Memorabilia
Next Topic: INDIANA DEER HUNTERS MUST READ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:51:45 EDT 2024