Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore Stocks (looking for a different style stock)
Encore Stocks [message #40756] Sat, 12 March 2016 16:09 Go to next message
Captjack6 is currently offline  Captjack6
Forum Newbie
Hi everyone. I am new to this form I have always liked the TC Contender I gave in and became a new encore owner. Frame and barrel anyway. Does anyone know if anyone makes an Encore stock with less of a dip around the pistol grip. More like the shape of a thumb hole stock without the thumb hole.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40759 is a reply to message #40756] Sun, 13 March 2016 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Greetings Capt Jack:
Welcome to the forum. As far as your stock question, try Tony's forends and grips. He does some superfine work. There is a wait time, but well worth it. I have posted some of his work on my encore and contender in the Venders reference section of the forum, as well as some in the photos section. He has a very well put together site with some examples as well. His prices are excellent as compared to other custom stock makers.
http://www.tonysforendsandgrips.net/index.html
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40760 is a reply to message #40759] Sun, 13 March 2016 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Rick
Thank you for the greeting and your response I am going to check out his site.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40774 is a reply to message #40760] Tue, 15 March 2016 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I contacted Tony he can't make a finished stock due to his setup but I can get blank from him that is inleted. That will be a lot more work but doable.
Then, from one of my email requests I think I found someone who is willing to alter his design to what I am looking for. In his email he said that there were 2 other inquiries about the same design and if he gets an order he would move forward. I have been trying to get in touch with him for a few days. I work slow but I will eventually post the results.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40775 is a reply to message #40774] Wed, 16 March 2016 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
When you get it made, please post pics. I would definitely like to see it. I have never liked the TC drop comb type stock. It isn't worth a flip for bench rest shooting. Good luck.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40776 is a reply to message #40775] Wed, 16 March 2016 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I will but as I said above it will take sometime. I am starting to like the looks of the laminated thumb hole stocks.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #40793 is a reply to message #40776] Fri, 18 March 2016 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
The new stock and forend are on order. Can't wait to see what they come up with. Thanks to Macon stocks for trying to modify their design.
Re: Encore Stocks [message #41350 is a reply to message #40793] Fri, 01 July 2016 10:23 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
After many months I finally got my altered stock blank and foreend. It is a nice piece of figured walnut. It is inletted for the frame and has the general shape of a stock. I will have to drill the through bolt hole and shape the stock to fit me. I will post some pictures as I start to work on it.
Previous Topic: 45/410 Barrel
Next Topic: Case Hardening a Encore Frame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:29:53 EDT 2024