Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » Archive » Sold, Traded, Found, or No Longer Available/Wanted » Cut off Jig for T/C Contender (or Encore) .30 / .357 Herrett brass
Cut off Jig for T/C Contender (or Encore) .30 / .357 Herrett brass [message #41614] Mon, 22 August 2016 21:59 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I've been having a heck of a time cutting down the brass for my .30 Herrett reformed brass (from .30-30). I know of several people that make little chop-saw jigs for .300 AAC Blackout (formed from .223 / 5.56), so I asked around. I found a gentleman named Jim Shuler on http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/. He goes by the name "smoke" on that site.

Anyway, he started making a neat looking little jig that bolts into the cheap mini cut-off saws. The price was right ($20 shipped), and he seems like a nice guy to do business with. I ordered one from him tonight, and will make sure I write up a review of it when I receive it. Once again - I have not received it yet, but I'll update when I do receive it.

I thought some of you that reform .30-30 brass might be interested in looking into it. He can be reached at 704 624 0737

Payment can be made by paypal, CC by calling 704 624 0737 from 10AM to 6PM EST or by mailing a USPS MO to:

Jim Shuler
2407 Ansonville rd
Marshville NC 28103

In all cases - Paypal or MO please put a note with your name, address and what you are ordering.

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Sun, 24 September 2017 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cut off Jig for T/C Contender (or Encore) .30 / .357 Herrett brass [message #41627 is a reply to message #41614] Thu, 25 August 2016 19:26 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I got mine today, and I like it a lot. The screws he included were a little big for the right hand side mounting hole, and I didn't want to drill the hole bigger. But I had screws that fit from a .300 AAC Blackout jig I had recently purchased, so I just reused those. It worked perfectly. I cut 50 pieces of brass, adjusting the jig so that it cut slightly long, and then I used my Hornady brass trimmer to bring them down to perfect spec. Overall, very happy with the purchase. He shipped fast too.
All the best,
Glenn

This is my own personal cutter with the jig installed and used today. Look at those big ol' pieces of brass I cut off!

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Sun, 24 September 2017 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: WTS: .221 Fireball Super 14 and 6.8 rem. 23" Carbine
Next Topic: WTS: Encore 209 X 50 Magnum Barrel.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:02:29 EDT 2024