Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Dealer Exclusive? 35 Whelen (Anyone know what this is?)
Dealer Exclusive? 35 Whelen [message #41792] Wed, 21 September 2016 14:28 Go to next message
chasu99 is currently offline  chasu99
Forum Newbie
I found a 24 inch fluted stainless pro-hunter with Mossy Oak Tree Stand camo PH stocks by Wholesale Hunter that Thompson Center has no idea it even exists. I have one coming because I just couldn't pass it up. Wholesale Hunter has 119 of them in stock. Seems odd that TC doesn't know anything about it. Anyone have one of these?
Re: Dealer Exclusive? 35 Whelen [message #41793 is a reply to message #41792] Wed, 21 September 2016 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Going off a recollection.... but sometimes a distributor could order a special run. This would be my guess if the barrels are factory labeled. I was thinking Katahdin, but I think those were 20"

Anyway, if you're a Whelen fan the price is very good and I'd say jump before they're all gone

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Dealer Exclusive? 35 Whelen [message #41799 is a reply to message #41793] Thu, 22 September 2016 07:16 Go to previous message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Wholesale hunter sales Bergara barrels. Maybe they took a frame with furniture and put the Bergara barrel on it to sale. That might explain why TC doesn't know about it. The description never says it is fluted, but it is in the picture. That may be a file photo. Or maybe it is a TC barrel, but not fluted either, just wrong picture.

That is the cheapest will find a new Encore though.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2016 07:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 30-30 barrel identification help needed
Next Topic: Encore steel base
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 06:43:43 EDT 2024