Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » My Contender won't open at all
My Contender won't open at all [message #42168] Mon, 28 November 2016 18:35 Go to next message
rootmanslim is currently offline  rootmanslim
Forum Newbie
I have a different problem HELP ! I bought a NIB Contender pistol frame and foreend. Serial # 456712. Then I bought a 14" bbl here. 222Rem with front sight no venting. Installed the bbl into the frame, closed it and now it won't open. Then I pulled the pin and still can't get the barrel. Now what ?
(I owned a Contender back in the 80s with a 375 Win and 222 barrel. NEVER had any problems swapping bbls. !)
Re: My Contender WON'T open easilly [message #42170 is a reply to message #42168] Mon, 28 November 2016 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
If it's really stuck, punch out the trigger group pin and the barrel should come out. Then check to see if you have a solid locking bolt

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: My Contender WON'T open easilly [message #42173 is a reply to message #42170] Mon, 28 November 2016 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rootmanslim is currently offline  rootmanslim
Forum Newbie
Well, I got it apart by punching out the trigger group. Now I have a pile of parts and the exploded view in the booklet is of a different model. James told me mine is an easy open and I'll have to change the bolts. As I also have a 35 rem bbl coming, I'm gonna wait till it gets here and see if it needs fixing too. Looked around the net but can't find an exploded view of an easy open. Suggestions ? Thanks !
Re: My Contender WON'T open easilly [message #42175 is a reply to message #42173] Tue, 29 November 2016 09:49 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Can you post a picture of what you're looking at? Just lay the parts out on a towel... we'll go from there

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: Encore Frame
Next Topic: muzzleloader open sights
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:36:04 EDT 2024