Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Red Dot or Holo Recommendation
Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #5924] Thu, 08 September 2011 14:15 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I have an Encore barrel in 460 S&W Mag that I really like, has a Ross brake that takes it to 17".

I want to get a Red Dot or Holo scope that will allow me to shoot it as a pistol or rifle (once I get the brake pinned) AND will survive the recoil.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #5930 is a reply to message #5924] Thu, 08 September 2011 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
If you have the bucks, Aimpoint.
Re: Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #5940 is a reply to message #5930] Fri, 09 September 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
True, if I had the bucks. I've got kids in college though (Oh Well)

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #5960 is a reply to message #5940] Sun, 11 September 2011 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DIXIEDOG is currently offline  DIXIEDOG
Forum Newbie
Bushnell Holosights are tough to beat, they hold up to constant abuse and are very easy to see regardless of sun position. My problem with red dots is they seem to get hazed out in bright sunlight and you can't see them. It's not as bad on a rifle because your head shades the red dot but on a handgun it's held so far away you aren't shading it.
Re: Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #5961 is a reply to message #5960] Sun, 11 September 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
I've heard pretty good stuff about the Burris Speed Dot.
Re: Red Dot or Holo Recommendation [message #6007 is a reply to message #5961] Thu, 15 September 2011 13:43 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

hate to throw yet another vendor out there but ultra-dot has been doing it a long time. I own 4 of their scopes...

from 44mag to 20ga slug encore barrels, I've never had a problem
Previous Topic: DOES TCA MAKE A 44 MAG RIFLE BBL?
Next Topic: 50cal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:14:12 EDT 2024