Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Rifle scopes on handguns?
Rifle scopes on handguns? [message #42627] Thu, 16 February 2017 09:22 Go to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I guess I am a little perturbed at the idea of this. I have been reading else where of people doing this. Back in the 70's I put a rifle scope on a 223 TC contender. But there were not any pistol scopes available. Other people think this is great. One picture shows a person holding a handgun with a rifle scope , shooting it like a rifle. If you want a rifle buy one. If you want to shoot a handgun, shoot it like it like a handgun. Besides that, I think that a rifle scope held at arms lenght
not only has a small hole to look through, but I believe the parallax is very critical at that distance also. Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion. Keep shooting handguns and rifles if you need to.

Sincerely Handguns Forever,
WWKMAG
Re: Rifle scopes on handguns? [message #42628 is a reply to message #42627] Thu, 16 February 2017 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Where I see it the most is with long range pistols, solidly planted in bags on a rest. Talking like 6.5x284 and such. The LOOOOOONG wait from shot to impact can be very impressive.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Rifle scopes on handguns? [message #42635 is a reply to message #42628] Fri, 17 February 2017 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

In the late 80's I had a 6.5x284 XP Remington. I had a 10x Burris pistol scope on it. It was very impressive. I use to hunt crows and woodchucks with it. Once you found the correct hold for it, I could hit clay pigeons at 400 yards in a gravel pit. The clays were thrown up on the dirt bank in different spots.
Re: Rifle scopes on handguns? [message #43528 is a reply to message #42635] Thu, 09 November 2017 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swampstomper is currently offline  Swampstomper
Forum Newbie
I mounted a 3x9 on a Contender Super 14 22LR when I was a in my teens.
It was very accurate. I shot squirrels out to 75yds in my Grandpas pecan orchard with it.
SS
Re: Rifle scopes on handguns? [message #43532 is a reply to message #43528] Fri, 10 November 2017 08:15 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Swampstomper wrote on Thu, 09 November 2017 22:09
I mounted a 3x9 on a Contender Super 14 22LR when I was a in my teens.
It was very accurate. I shot squirrels out to 75yds in my Grandpas pecan orchard with it.
SS

I miss hunting pecan orchards in LA. My father had sugar cane fields in front of a pecan orchard. It was one heck of a squirrel and rabbit haven.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: eabco trigger job
Next Topic: Ever notice....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:08:34 EDT 2024