Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Alaska
Alaska [message #43518] Wed, 08 November 2017 10:10 Go to next message
fishcoho is currently offline  fishcoho
Novice Contributor
Alaska, history calls it Seward's folly. that frozen ice box up north. i remember cold temps, mountain piles of snow in my childhood days. frozen lakes, creeks, sloughs and the river I'd be able to cross by end of the 1st week of November.

well not today. what once was snow storms in my youth around Halloween has become rain. this fall wet weather lasts longer as Alaska's transition into winter gets later. there was no snow on the ground until the other day, when i woke up to a 1/4" of white dust on the ground. the Yukon river is still open with chunks of ice flowing by.

trapping season in gmu 18 opens on the 10th and it looks like my traps will be hanging on the shed lil later this year again along with my under ice fishing gill nets.

but my super 16 22 hornet has not been idol. it's bagged a few beaver over the summer. good eating food. i made a few more rounds for it last week since it's my dispatch gun, getting ready for the trap season. whenever winter comes...
Re: Alaska [message #43520 is a reply to message #43518] Wed, 08 November 2017 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I loved reading this
Re: Alaska [message #43737 is a reply to message #43518] Thu, 28 December 2017 23:39 Go to previous message
zombiehuntclub is currently offline  zombiehuntclub
Forum Newbie
Don't forget - there are palm tree stumps in the Arctic. Nothing is constant in nature except change. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't so long ago that Europe had the little Ice Age.
Keep the observations coming though. Good stuff for sure.
Previous Topic: Ever notice....
Next Topic: I want expansion of the katahdin line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:48:22 EDT 2024