Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Extractor spring Question
Extractor spring Question [message #44560] Sat, 29 September 2018 18:57 Go to next message
blacksand01 is currently offline  blacksand01
Forum Newbie
index.php?t=getfile&id=7923&private=0

I bought a used Encore pistol and got to shoot it today and I had trouble getting the spent shells out. The extractor was pushing up so hard I had to pry the shells out with a pocket knife. After I got home I disassembled to see if I could see anything wrong. I am not sure how this all goes back together. I have only seen instructions for the long spring and not the small piece with the slot in it. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Extractor spring Question [message #44561 is a reply to message #44560] Sat, 29 September 2018 22:24 Go to previous message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
if it is a barrel is set up to shoot rimmed and rimless both of what ever cartridge you have ?, with the spring in place it would be set up for the rimless version it is necessary for straight wall cases, with out spring for the rimmed version, not in every case is the spring intended for this only but probably most common, I have had MGM make a number of barrels to shoot both rimmed and rimless each barrel has come with the spring not installed and one extractor a 45 Auto Rim 45 ACP, 2 35 Remington Rimmed and Rimless and a SUNNYS 33 , with that said I have a few barrels mostly rimless that have come with a spring that caused the same problem really scratched the cases not sure if it hurts anything I just remove the spring, One TC barrel I have 307-308 came with spring and 2 extractors.
I don't recognize the part with the hole in it though, Looks like both pieces fit in the groves and would be crown out

[Updated on: Sat, 29 September 2018 22:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Encore scope base
Next Topic: Hinge pin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:04:43 EDT 2024