Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Choke tubes for 12ga Turkey - to use SLUGS
Choke tubes for 12ga Turkey - to use SLUGS [message #6325] Fri, 07 October 2011 09:01 Go to next message
Quarterbore is currently offline  Quarterbore
Forum Newbie
I am looking for some advise based on experience in regards to what choke tubes seem to work better with the 12-gauge Turkey barrel when using slugs.

I am a huge fan of the old foster style Brenekee slugs as frankly I have a scoped Rem 860 that will shoot 2.5-inch groups at 100 yards with them and I have never had a deer take more then a couple steps when slammed with one.

I have my T/C Encore with the turkey barrel and I have been getting the itch to try an improved cylinder choke with some of my foster slugs and see how well they work but I also think I would like to try a couple rifled tubes and perhaps a few sabot type slugs as well to see if I might get a little more performance to make the extra cost of the sabots worth it compared to my older foster style slugs.

What have you all tried and what works or doesn't seem to work?
Re: Choke tubes for 12ga Turkey - to use SLUGS [message #6338 is a reply to message #6325] Sun, 09 October 2011 12:00 Go to previous message
bossie255 is currently offline  bossie255
Novice Contributor
PM me I have a improved cylender win choke for encore 12 ga turkey barrel that will do slugs 15.00 shipped.
Previous Topic: Misfires & headspace issues?
Next Topic: Noob question on barrels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:03:54 EDT 2024