Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » ENCORE FRAME
ENCORE FRAME [message #44890] Sat, 05 January 2019 13:06 Go to next message
danimal is currently offline  danimal
Forum Newbie
Hi, I havent been on the forum for a while, life is busy.I was wondering if anybody pays attention to frames? I just bought a used ENCORE FRAME, the guy said it was a pistol frame, but I dont know for sure.I had a contender in .223 a long time ago and frame had a mountain lion on side, it was a early frame I believe.About a year ago I bought a ENCORE PRO HUNTER in 308 pistol form.But this ENCORE frame I bought today is blued and has no name/desighn on sides of frame, just a plain blued frame and has on frame stud TCA-E and on right side ROCH-NH.I dont know a lot about variations but was wondering if anybody on here is familiar with this kind of frame ? I have heard some frames are more valuable than others, just trying to get some info on my frame.I know this is the place to go for info on this kind of thing.THANKS IN ADVANCE for any info.
Re: ENCORE FRAME [message #44892 is a reply to message #44890] Sat, 05 January 2019 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
It's a standard Encore frame, made by T/C pre-S&W buyout / move. Value is in the mind of the buyer. While I hold standard blue Encore frames made in N.H. higher in value, others may prefer a brand new one made at the current manufacturing plant in higher regards simply because it's new. There is nothing special about your blued frame, even if people like me prefer them over the current offerings.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: ENCORE FRAME [message #44893 is a reply to message #44892] Sat, 05 January 2019 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danimal is currently offline  danimal
Forum Newbie
THANK YOU I appreciate your feedback,at first I was a little worried when I didnt see a design on sides, was wondering if something was up,a litttle worried, but thanks for that info.
Re: ENCORE FRAME [message #44895 is a reply to message #44893] Sat, 05 January 2019 23:37 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
If you zoom in on my avatar pic, that's a standard blue Encore pistol frame as well.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: 30 06 Encore bullet preference
Next Topic: Need info on 30TC Encore barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:23:23 EDT 2024