Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » SCAM ALERT (Scam Warning)
SCAM ALERT [message #46625] Wed, 21 April 2021 18:31 Go to next message
leefx is currently offline  leefx
Forum Newbie
A member here, michaeldexter556 left a pm for me to contact his 'cousin' about a bbl I'm looking for.
This individual showed a picture of an Encore bbl and I agreed to buy it.
I believe the 'cousin' is a scammer from Kenya which casts doubt on michaeldexter556 as well.

Hopefully no one else has been messaged and scammed.
Caveat Emptor
Re: SCAM ALERT [message #46626 is a reply to message #46625] Wed, 21 April 2021 18:56 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Several others have been messaged by him and reported it to me. It is a scam. If you have received a PM from anyone claiming to have something for sale - first ask yourself "Why isn't it posted for sale here, with pictures?" Then, if they are asking you to contact someone else who isn't a member, just delete it and report it to me. Because it's definitely a scam.

Oh - and michaeldexter556 has been banned. I did that yesterday, and turned off his PM privileges, so he shouldn't be able to contact anyone else. But the same goes for anyone contacting you via PM's about something they don't have posted on this site, and even if it is posted on this site - scammers are everywhere. Do your homework and read the rules posted at the top of the forum.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2021 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Welcome, from SC
Next Topic: Color combos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:04:24 EDT 2024