Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Quick release forearm
Quick release forearm [message #46688] Fri, 21 May 2021 16:41 Go to next message
Orchemo is currently offline  Orchemo
Forum Newbie
Since almost every over and under shotgun has a release mechanism for the forearm, why doesn't T/C adapt a similar system?
Re: Quick release forearm [message #46694 is a reply to message #46688] Sun, 23 May 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Cost would be my guess

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Quick release forearm [message #46695 is a reply to message #46694] Sun, 23 May 2021 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
“Almost every over and under shotgun” doesn’t come with the ability to swap between multiple shotgun gauges, rifle barrels, pistol barrels, muzzleloader barrels, rimfire barrels, etc... of different diameter (Sporter, Heavy/ProHunter, Bull). The costs involved with a quick release forearm would make it cost restrictive to have multiples to fit various other interchangeable barrels. Plus... T/C has been around for a long time, and there are a ton of barrels already out there. It wouldn’t make sense to swap to a different system now. They would still have to make “legacy” forends for all the barrels already out there. Plus... T/C is in the process of being sold right now. Nothing is being built, much less designed, right now.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Sun, 23 May 2021 23:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick release forearm [message #46704 is a reply to message #46695] Sat, 05 June 2021 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orchemo is currently offline  Orchemo
Forum Newbie
Just a thought
Re: Quick release forearm [message #46706 is a reply to message #46704] Sun, 06 June 2021 07:47 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Not a bad one. The closest out there right now is either getting one of the hanger bar systems or replacing the slotted screws with hex screws. Problem with the hanger bars (any version) is you have to have a bar for every barrel.
My Contender has hex screws and I like them the best of anything I've tried.

TC did start with a pop on forend in the beginning, but when recoil reached magnum levels it just "popped" off.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: Contender
Next Topic: TCR 83 forearm help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:04:32 EDT 2024