Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » new T/C service department (new T/C service department )
new T/C service department [message #6756] Thu, 17 November 2011 09:35 Go to next message
tcdave is currently offline  tcdave
Novice Contributor
I don't know how many of my fellow members have any dealings with the new service department at Smith & Wesson. I had a problem with my T/C recoil proof 2.5-7 pistol scope. The person I dealt with said I would have to buy a new one, first thing, not finding out the problem. After reminding the person, the scope has a life time warrenty, the person restated I would have to buy a new one. I then asked to speak to a supervivor, and the person then said to send it to the service department with my contact information, and they will look at it. Then hung up.
This is not the service I had with the old company. and plan to send Smith & Wesson a letter stating my displeasure with the service department. I havecontenders, encores, and tcrs., and might be considering selling the all, if this is the service I will be getting from S & W. Just letting off some steam, let me know your experiences with them.

Dave in florida
Re: new T/C service department [message #6777 is a reply to message #6756] Thu, 17 November 2011 20:42 Go to previous message
granjack is currently offline  granjack
Novice Contributor
I'm not pleased with the new service department either. I called 4 weeks ago to order forearm screws for my G2 Contender 209x50 muzzle loader. The man I spoke to said he would send them right out. Two weeks later they had not arrived, so I called again. This time I got a lady who promptly told me that T/C had never made a G2 contender muzzle loader so they would have no such parts. (They no longer make that muzzle loader, but did for a couple of years). I finally convinced her that I actually had such a gun. She put me on hold, came back and said she had searched the archives and found the screws and was sending them right out. A week ago I received two small wood screws that attach the grip cap to the stock. Called again, got another man who said he would send them out that day. It's been a week and I still don't have them. Our first muzzle loader season ends tomorrow!!! We all need to learn to work on them ourselves, I guess, and to grab up all the small parts we can get our hands on.

A veteran is someone who wrote a check to Uncle Sam payable for "up to and including my life".

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2011 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Stock frame screws differant lenths?
Next Topic: Barrel Questions...Help!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:06:46 EDT 2024