Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Color question (TC Omega)
Color question [message #7008] Wed, 30 November 2011 11:54 Go to next message
Regulator23 is currently offline  Regulator23
Forum Newbie
Not sure where I should post this, but wanted people's thoughts. I just got a TC Omega, Dream Season model. It has a SS barrel. I compared a Talley silver scope mount and a Nikon silver scope to it and they are 3 different colors. I'd like a decent match. Without physically finding different mounts and scopes and comparing them (tried Bass Pro this AM) does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you.
Re: Color question [message #7012 is a reply to message #7008] Wed, 30 November 2011 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Opinions vary, but I would put color a far distance from the final decision making process. I prefer Talley one piece base/ring mounts, and my scope of choice has been Nikon for a long time. If they didn't match perfectly, it wouldn't make a lick of difference to me. My last Encore rifle that I put together had a Duracoat black frame, high gloss blued barrel and black Talley base / rings with a slightly different color black Nikon Prostaff scope... And she's a beauty.

If you are that concerned about everything matching, have a professional Duracoat (or some other finish) the entire setup. I wouldn't. But it's not my firearm. Hope you find something you like.

You might also look into DNZ one piece base rings. I haven't used them, but I know a lot of folks that sing their praises. That might be a closer match for you. Don't know what to tell you about the scope. Some prefer other brands, especially Leupold, but I've always liked the Nikon's.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2011 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Color question [message #7013 is a reply to message #7012] Wed, 30 November 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Forgot to add - Welcome to the forum!
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Color question [message #7050 is a reply to message #7013] Thu, 01 December 2011 21:02 Go to previous message
Regulator23 is currently offline  Regulator23
Forum Newbie
Thanks Glenn. And to top it off, I'm colorblind! It really isn't that important, but I thought if I could get a decent match, all the better. I have had great luck with Nikon as well and am looking at the Inline XR (used to be called Omega) 3-9x40. It's got the BDC which I haven't had any experience with, but with this new gun, I really want to experiment with it a bit. I've seen pictures of the DNZ one piece mount and they're nice looking. Best reagards. Russ
Previous Topic: What ammo...
Next Topic: Encore pistol .460 sw mag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:36:26 EDT 2024