Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore Frame Width
Encore Frame Width [message #8087] Fri, 13 January 2012 12:37 Go to next message
DaddyPaul is currently offline  DaddyPaul
I have two frames and several barrels. Both frames have slicked up triggers and 1x oversized hinge pins. One barrel also has heavier locking bolt springs.

One frame, no matter which barrel is on it seems to have some side to side movement, even with the bigger pin and HD locking bolt spring. It is almost like it is slightly wider than the other frame. Has anyone else ran across something like this? Fixes for it, aside from squeezing it in a vice?
Re: Encore Frame Width [message #8093 is a reply to message #8087] Fri, 13 January 2012 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I definitely would NOT squeeze it in a vice! That's asking for problems.

I haven't come across this personally; however, you might want to have the inside sprayed with something like a few layers of Duracoat. It might help "shim up" the inside diameter. Of course, that's only if it's just a few hairs difference. Any big gap, and coating won't help. My blued frame wasn't loose to begin with, but after Duracoating it with a few coats, it locks up tighter than before.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore Frame Width [message #8094 is a reply to message #8093] Fri, 13 January 2012 19:06 Go to previous message
DaddyPaul is currently offline  DaddyPaul
I was sorta kidding about the vice Glenn. Wink

Just trying to see if anyone else had dealt with this. Thanks for the info, I plan to have both of my frames refinished after the season, so I'll check that out.
Previous Topic: Encore shotgun bbl foreend fit
Next Topic: legal limits with barrel length
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:34:23 EDT 2024