Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » barrel fitting (My barrel gets stuck)
barrel fitting [message #8469] Sun, 29 January 2012 13:20 Go to next message
jpburdick is currently offline  jpburdick
Forum Newbie
Hey got a 30-30 contender barrel 23 in. really hARD TO OPEN THEN IT GETS STUCK WHATS UP
Re: barrel fitting [message #8505 is a reply to message #8469] Sun, 29 January 2012 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
1) Check the lugs, really old barrels have what's called a single lug. TC dropped those in later models, but you'll occasionally find them when someone's replace a set in a barrel they had and want to keep. Not sure where you can get replacements, but you could call TC and see.

2) You have an old style frame, one where the trigger hinge is at the very front of the frame and not in the middle above the trigger. Contact TC and have the conversion done (unless the frame has an eagle on one side or both, then contact me and I'll buy you a new SS G2 because it's obvious you have a very defective frame and I'll save you the problem of dealing with it).

3) You have a really gummed up barrel lug (and'or an extractor) that's in definite need of a cleaning. I'd start here. Punch out the pins in the barrel lugs and extractor (just chek to see what comes out where an put back the way they came out.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: barrel fitting [message #8517 is a reply to message #8505] Mon, 30 January 2012 15:04 Go to previous message
MongooseV8 is currently offline  MongooseV8
Novice Contributor
Does it get stuck when closed with an empty chamber? I had a tight chamber once and if it got kinda dirty the spent case would get stuck causing the barrel to stay closed.
Previous Topic: Eye relief issues
Next Topic: Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:28:11 EDT 2024