Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER (Is/Was there a muzzle Loader Contender or Encore Pistol Barrel?)
Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER [message #8471] Sun, 29 January 2012 15:13 Go to next message
steady is currently offline  steady
Forum Newbie
I seem to remember a Contender or Encore pistol barrel. Perhaps I am wrong. If there is one or the other I would like to purchase one. Before I put up a Classified wanted post I need to know if there were actually any by TC or any other company that were actually made.
Thanks Confused

The Quick, The Steady, The Alive......

[Updated on: Sun, 29 January 2012 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER [message #8506 is a reply to message #8471] Sun, 29 January 2012 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Gonic make/makes on for the contender. Other have been done for the Encore as well. Ask away

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER [message #8512 is a reply to message #8506] Mon, 30 January 2012 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
The T/C barrels (T/C brand ) were put out by their Custom Shop. As far as I know, T/C never sold the 15" ML barrels as a mass-market item. There are also a couple of the custom barrel makers that sold them. Then, I've also seen cut-down barrels. Some of those looked pretty good but all of the cut-down barrels I've seen had no front sights - only scope mounts.
Re: Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER [message #8523 is a reply to message #8471] Mon, 30 January 2012 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RICKinNH is currently offline  RICKinNH
Forum Newbie
I am not sure about Contender, but T/C did make a 15" Blue M/L barrel for the encore. The T/C part# is 6272. The only reason I know this is that I have one new in the box (it is not for sale). I am not sure if they made one in SST.

I don't believe they made that many, and time an again - you will see them go up for sale. Some of the ones I see are cut down rifle barrel experiments. They probably work just fine, but I tend to stay away from home custom stuff.
Re: Was there ever an Encore or Contender PISTOL MUZZLE LOADER [message #8573 is a reply to message #8523] Wed, 01 February 2012 14:32 Go to previous message
bigboomer is currently offline  bigboomer
Forum Newbie
I have a stainless 209x50 that is cut down to 17 inches, 70grs of T7 and a Shockwave easy glide, will print 1/2 inch groups at 50yards and is a blast to shoot
Previous Topic: barrel fitting
Next Topic: Encore to pro hunter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:44:46 EDT 2024