Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Midway USA
Midway USA [message #8684] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:59 Go to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

http://www.midwayusa.com

great place to almost find anything
Re: Midway USA [message #14361 is a reply to message #8684] Fri, 21 September 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Midway has been awesome. I really should stop shopping online at their site, as they have a habit of emptying my bank account for me. Ultra fast shipping, and a huge variety of items to choose from. Definitely one of my favorite places to buy everything gun related.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Midway USA [message #19742 is a reply to message #14361] Mon, 18 February 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Update - My first experience with returning something to Midway - Perfect. As I have come to expect from Midway.

I purchased some .38 Cal Speer Plastic Bullets and Plastic Cases. You load them with a primer only for practice shooting at close range. In my excitement over getting some cool new firearm related thing... I overlooked the part in the description (which was posted) that stated they were for pistol use only. I actually should have known these wouldn't work in the Encore rifle barrel I have, but I had tunnel vision that day or something.

Anyway, Midway took back all four boxes (2 bullets, 2 cases) and gave me the option of how I wanted my refund. I just took the store credit, as I know I'm going to use it again soon anyway.

All the best,
Glenn

Re: Midway USA [message #19748 is a reply to message #19742] Mon, 18 February 2013 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Midway is great to deal with, but as with all the online firearms locations. Natchez, Mid-South, and such their shipping is out of sight. They tack on the handling and then the shipping. Sometimes it is cheaper to drive to the BassPro in Springfield, for things.
I do; do a lot of business with Midway, but do not like the fees and shipping. I know it could be shipped for less. Just my thoughts and worth exactly what you paid for them.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Midway USA [message #19749 is a reply to message #19748] Mon, 18 February 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Mr. Murl,
Fully understand and partially agree.

Although it seems like it's expensive, I am still coming out cheaper than Bass Pro Shops though. BPS has gone crazy with their pricing in recent years! If you want to see high shipping prices, take a look at Cabelas! The last time I wanted to order a "little item" (dies), the shipping was almost half the price of the item! Now in store... I'll take Cabelas over BPS any day. Much better prices and selection on hunting / shooting / camping gear in store. But then again, I'm driving 3 hours + round trip to get there, so factor in my gas....

If you take a look at what shippers are charging these days, and consider the fact that someone has to box this stuff up and get it shipped, I don't think the shipping prices from Midway are too unreasonable. My last order was $249.74. I had a heavy upper receiver picatinny rail vice, and a ProChrono in there, which were a little hefty. The postage, shipping and insurance came to $12.30. Considering that I personally just shipped a smaller and lighter package via USPS a while back for almost $20, and that I shipped a much lighter (but bigger) package from UPS for $35, I don't consider the shipping to be that bad at all.

As always, your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated. I just wanted to offer a counter-point to the shipping price.

All the best,
Glenn

Re: Midway USA [message #19764 is a reply to message #19749] Mon, 18 February 2013 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Glenn; understood and appreciated. I usually do not order much at a time. Maybe a pair of dies or cartridge boxes and things like that, and the shipping can get pretty high on a couple of less expensive items to begin with.
I have never had the pleasure of visiting a Cabala's store. There is one in KC.K. but I have never been it. Have been by it a few times but never had the chance to get inside. The first and main BPS store in in Springfield, MO. and I am in that town usually a couple of times a month. I don't like to go there because of the confusion of the place. Back in my younger days (before wife) I used to run around with Johnny Morris. We partied together a lot back then.
I have to be in the Kansas City area this coming weekend and thinking I may make out to the Cabala's store. I am defiantly going to make it to the Bushnell Outlet store in Lee's Summit.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Midway USA [message #20012 is a reply to message #19764] Sun, 24 February 2013 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Mr.Murl: I've been ordering gun parts and reloading supplys from Midway USA for going on 16 yrs. For some components like powder and primers I go with Cabela's and order in small bulk to save $$$ Midway seems to always have what I need and want for hardware on firearms and for reloading equipment. As far as shipping I've sounded off on another thread and it still gets my BP up. Mad
The very best you and yours this fine Sunday evening...
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Midway USA [message #20920 is a reply to message #20012] Thu, 21 March 2013 07:45 Go to previous message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I have had pretty good luck with Midway. But as most all online purchases, shipping is high if you only get a few items (percentage wise). I always wait until I have several items that I need and try to order at least $100 or more of stuff to make it worthwhile. Midway usually has the best prices, I usually compare with Midsouth Shooters Supply and purchase from the one that has all of the items I need in stock with the lowest price for those items. They are usually pretty close. I have never had to return anything.
Previous Topic: E Arthur Brown Company
Next Topic: Big Supply Shop - Encore barrels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 22:20:33 EDT 2024