Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Photos » Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles
Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles [message #8955] Thu, 16 February 2012 18:15 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
The top one is a .25-06 and the bottom one is a 7mm-08. I sold the .25-06 a while back, and regret the sale. Oh well... gotta build another one I guess!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/cajuntec/DSCF1315.jpg

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles [message #8960 is a reply to message #8955] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marks4runr is currently offline  Marks4runr
Novice Contributor
Are those "high planes" stocks?
Re: Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles [message #8962 is a reply to message #8960] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
No, they are not. High Plains version (Pegasus) has a higher comb / cheekpiece than I like, and I don't particularly care for the slopped / dropped heel they have. It's just not my thing. These are a Boyd's gunstock that I purchased from Stockys when they were carrying Boyd's (top picture), and one from the TC custom shop (bottom picture). Not sure who was making them for TC back then, but I really like it. I buy most of my upgrade stocks from Stockys.
All the best,
Glenn

Re: Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles [message #8964 is a reply to message #8962] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Hmmm.... I just looked at Stockys, and that same stock is there, but it's not identified as a Boyd's. I wonder if the started carrying them again, or if this wasn't a Boyd's to begin with, or someone else is making the same stock for them now. Even the pistol grip flare is the same. Interesting.
All the best,
Glenn

Re: Two laminated thumbhole stock Encore rifles [message #8971 is a reply to message #8964] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:59 Go to previous message
sam77757 is currently offline  sam77757
Novice Contributor

love the Boyds Thumbhole stocks. nice!

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2012 21:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: .17 remington and slug barrel
Next Topic: my 15" 375 winchester
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 12:09:36 EDT 2024