Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of )
icon13.gif  Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #11223] Mon, 21 May 2012 16:58 Go to next message
txbowhunter31 is currently offline  txbowhunter31
Sometime back I bought an Onix 400 GPS.
This is the model with XM radio and weather built in.Well after a long battle trying to get an XM subscription for this unit I could never get it hooked up Bushnell blamed XM and XM blamed Bushnell The only reason I kept this GPS was the ability to download satellite maps from the Bushnell website.
Now I move to a new region and want to download new maps for... hunting and fishing locations and find out as of 2-1-12
Bushnell no longer has maps for this expensive GPS thats only real use was the satellite maps. And they made sure no other maps could be loaded on this unit. Making this GPS completely useless!!

This is the message I sent to Bushnell Customer Service.

I have a 400$ gps that I can no longer load satellite maps on wich was my reason in buying your product in the first place.
What am I supposed to do with this now?
I have been buying a lot of your products over the years (rangefinders,scopes etc.)
If I have thrown my money away on this gps I will find another company to give my money to in the future.
Sincerely upset,

This is the response I got from Customer Service.

Thank you for contacting Bushnell Customer Support.

While we are still providing warranty service for Onix GPS we are no longer offering new maps , we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Any maps already downloaded to your PC or unit will still function. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via email at CustomerSupport@Bushnell.com.

We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Please do not reply to this message.

Bushnell Customer Service

1-800-423-3537

Thank you.

Too bad Nikon doesn't make a GPS because I will be buying my optics from them in the future
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #11228 is a reply to message #11223] Mon, 21 May 2012 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Sorry to hear it, I thought they'd do better.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #11232 is a reply to message #11228] Tue, 22 May 2012 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Try calling customer service. When you do don't get upset or angry. Stay calm and explain about your move and how much you enjoyed the product. See what comes of it. Can't hurt.
Last year I had a scope that was having trouble with and retuned it to them for repair. When I called to get the status they said that they couldn't find anything wrong. They agreed that I was having a problem but the tests they do wouldn't show any thing being wrong. I asked them for a replacement but they said they couldn't do that since it was out of warranty. I told them I understood and to just keep the scope since it is broken and worthless. At that point they said they would look into it. About three weeks later I received a new more expensive scope in the mail with no note. Two month later I received my old scope as well. The point is that they didn't have to do what they did because I knew I was in the wrong on waiting too long in returning it. They went above and beyond in customer service.
Good luck...
Greg

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #11243 is a reply to message #11232] Tue, 22 May 2012 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lab-lover is currently offline  lab-lover
Novice Contributor
do not know much about the gps warranty but i can say nothing but good and positive things about there scope warranties!big fan of the banner line of scopes,either in the 3-9x50 or 6-18x50,had one for about 15 years and when it started getting foggy i sent it in=they totally refurbished it.had another that busted the reticle=they sent me a new scope.and the last one i sent in wouldn't hold true and they sent me a new scope.like WV338,give them a call when you calm down and see what they will do for you.
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #17048 is a reply to message #11243] Sat, 15 December 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leadslinger is currently offline  leadslinger
Forum Newbie
I agree totally with txbowhunter....bushnell scope warranty sucks. Ive never been more put out with a company in my life, and ive delt with a lot of them
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #17059 is a reply to message #17048] Sun, 16 December 2012 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I agree with greg, call customer service. Mosat likely their email version someone reads the email, then clicks on a pre-packaged response. Your GPS was obviously outmoded, and discontinued from their line and "new maps" probably only had one possible reply.

Call and talk to a real person, you may not be able to get a 2012 satellite map, but it's entirely possible that you could still get a 2011 version. Somewhere at Bushnell, there's a dvd/cd/flash drive/hard drive that has the 2011's stored. It would take a real person to locate it, and be able to email or download the region you want to you.

A few months ago I had occassion to experience Bushnell's Customer service. I had questions about ring configurations regarding "Millet" turn in rings. Several sources I referenced had conflicting part numbers for several configurations. Searched online under "Millet scope rings" and get Millet's website. It includes a customer service number. Called it, and the auto answer tells me I reached Bushnell Customer service, etc, etc,etc. I hang up, must have dialed a wrong number. Re-search online, and call the listed number. Again, get Bushnell. So I just go ahead and wait for the next available rep to take my call. Well, about 2 years ago, Bushnell bought out Millet.
Well, real human introduces himself and asks what I need. I tell him I just needed correct part numberas for millet turn in rings, and their configurations low/high/etc. he doesn't know, and their database hasn't been merged. he asks if I would be willing to "hold", he'd find out. He floated around their building and got "samples" of all the turn in rings just so he could positively verify their configurations with the packaging part number. I was only interested in the "extension" type, so he dug through his pile, and ferreted all those type to tell me the part numbers for every Millet turn-in ring that was an extension type, and gave them to me.
That to me was going above and beyond. Easy way out would have been, "I'll find out and call you back", then hung up and pretended I never called. My call wasn't even about something I already owned, so in effect, I was a "potential customer", and important enough to at least this guy to get off his butt and get real answers no matter where he had to go.
Turned out the Natchez online "catalog" had errors in their listing of part numbers for the Millet extension rings. Calling Natchez and talking to their cusomer rep, a real person actually went out and pulled the rings I wanted by part number while I was on the phone with them showed the error to them and he said he'd get that error fixed. I haven't re-checked to see if they did, since I already have my order and got what I wanted. BUT, at least another rep that was willing to get off his butt to make sure I was going to get what I wanted, despite their listing error.
Jim

Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #17068 is a reply to message #17059] Sun, 16 December 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

I live in southwest Missouri but have family in the Kansas City area, so am up there to visit. I have been to the outlet store in Lee's Summit a couple of times and the service there was first rate and handled by people who knew guns and shooting. Very good to deal with and talk too. Takeing time to help you, that is rare these days.
Like Jim I have called customer service for Simmons and got Bushnell. Bushnell now owns Bushnell, Simmons, Tasco, and Millet, and possibly more but I do know to those. When talking to a representitive they have been helpful, courtious, and seem glad to help. I will buy more from Bushnell, when it is needed. Right now I have a few scopes, some of each of the brands mentioned and have no complaints. Have a Simmons 4-12 that I really like. May be a fluck but to me it is as good as the Luepold I have and better because the magnification is stronger.
So far to me Bushnell and their products have been really good for me and the customer service has been first rate.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #17073 is a reply to message #17068] Sun, 16 December 2012 13:39 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Glad to know Simmons is now connected with Bushnell. In the 70's I had a Banner 6-24 with BDC on a ruger 77 in .280 Rem. That was a wonderful scope. In the 80's I got a free 2-6X Simmons pistol scope, and it's been super for me on three different barrels/calibers. A few months ago I bought a 5-20X 50 Tasco WC mostly because I already knew that Tasco was now connected with Bushnell as well. Wouldn't hesitate to get another of any of the three "brands" again. None have yet failed to do their job or hold up, and Customer service (to me) has been exemplory (Never required Warranty work so can't speak to that).
Jim

Previous Topic: Mid South Shooters Supply
Next Topic: Bellm Kits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 17:50:53 EDT 2024