Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter (Is there a difference in the plain Encore Rifle and the Encore Pro Hunter other than cosmetic?)
Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1009] Tue, 26 January 2010 14:40 Go to next message
Chatom36518
Forum Newbie
Is there a difference in the plain Encore Rifle and the Encore Pro Hunter other than cosmetic? Will the barrels and stock fit either gun?
Re: Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1010 is a reply to message #1009] Tue, 26 January 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

the rotating hammer spur.... other than that, nothing.
Re: Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1011 is a reply to message #1010] Tue, 26 January 2010 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chatom36518
Forum Newbie
what is the rotating hammer spur? Is this the mechanism that allows you to shoot rim fire?
Re: Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1012 is a reply to message #1011] Tue, 26 January 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chatom36518
Forum Newbie
found it! Thanks
_______
Pro Hunter™ features a rotating hammer design called the "Swing Hammer"® that can be off-set to allow easy access to the hammer spur. This innovative design is patent-pending and addresses the concern about reaching the hammer when the rifle is scoped. The hammer is keyed to allow the spur to be placed in the center, left hand or right hand positions.
Convert any existing Encore frame with the new Swing Hammer®

Re: Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1013 is a reply to message #1011] Tue, 26 January 2010 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Chatom,
No, it's not. The rotating hammer spur is right up top, right in front of your face as you are holding the firearm. You use it to cock the weapon. On the regular Encore, it's just straight. On the Pro Hunter, it's a multiple piece unit that you can unscrew a little allen head screw on the top, rotate the hammer spur (the part you put your thumb on to cock it) to the left or right, and then lock it back down with the allen head screw.

I have one of each - a regular Encore, and a Pro Hunter. I actually prefer the original design. Just personal preference I guess, but my Pro Hunter came to me with the hammer spur locked down to the right, and I'd really like it to be straight. After torquing on it with a allen wrench to loosen the screw, I got a little nervous that the amount of pressure I was putting on it was going to break something, so I've left it as is for now. I'm probably going to soak the screw in some PB Blaster and try to remove it again very soon, as I really don't like it kicked to the right like it is.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore vs Encore Pro Hunter [message #1014 is a reply to message #1013] Tue, 26 January 2010 15:05 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Oops! Guess we were typing at the same time.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: Bass Pro
Next Topic: Encore Pistol ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:48:47 EDT 2024