Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Shipping back to T/C (Cost for shipping to Manufacturer)
Re: Shipping back to T/C [message #12107 is a reply to message #11837] Thu, 12 July 2012 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pcpharm is currently offline  Pcpharm
Novice Contributor
I contacted T/C recently about an encore receiver problem I was having breaking the action open. I discussed the problem in another thread on encore classifieds. T/C will send you a return authorization shipping label after you fill the form out on their website. They want you to ship Fed Ex.
Peter
Re: Shipping back to T/C [message #12108 is a reply to message #12107] Thu, 12 July 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I had called them and the lady told me to ship to them, but didn't say anything about getting a return authorization. Also, on the webpage where you fill that information out, it specifically gives a date (like 1989 or something) that it applies to. It implies anything older than that, is not a warranty item and I take it you have to pay shipping yourself. My contender is manufactured date of 1980. Of course, the barrel I am having issues with was bought new this year. hmm....
Re: Shipping back to T/C [message #12140 is a reply to message #12108] Sat, 14 July 2012 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Boy is currently offline  John Boy
Fact gentlemen: You may ship a firearm (long gun or hand gun) to ANY licensed FFL by any method you chose. It may be returned directly to you since you are the owner. An intra-state sale: is the same as a FTF. An individual may ship any firearm within his state borders to a citizen of the same state; no FFL needed. If it crosses state lines (inter-state) it must be shipped to a FFL holder. Please go to the ATF web site; FAQ's and read. you'll get the correct answers. Not some tripe from USPS; Fedex; UPS employees who don't know their jobs, or a FFL holder who doesn't know the law. P.S. Overnight for handguns is UPS / FEDEX company policy, not federal law. It's not worth the paper it's written on....

John Boy
Re: Shipping back to T/C [message #12154 is a reply to message #12108] Sat, 14 July 2012 22:37 Go to previous message
Pcpharm is currently offline  Pcpharm
Novice Contributor
My receiver was a 1999. Do not remember the T/C person asking about date. Fill out the form on the website and take a chance. You only have electrons to loose if T/C says NO!
Previous Topic: Encore Barrels
Next Topic: Scope mounts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:36:24 EDT 2024